UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You push yourself to reach higher and go further. Because for you, it’s all about ensuring a positive outcome for patients. In this role, you’ll work in the field and coordinate the long-term care needs for patients in the local community. And at every turn, you’ll have the support of an elite and dynamic team. Join UnitedHealth Group and our family of businesses and you will use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients.
The Community Health Worker role will be an essential element of an Integrated Care Model by relaying the pertinent information about the member needs and advocating for the best possible care available, and ensuring they have the right services to meet their needs.
If you are located in Twin Cities area of Minnesota, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assess, plan and implement care strategies that are individualized by patient and directed toward the most appropriate, lease restrictive level of care
- Identify and initiate referrals for social service programs including financial, psychosocial, community and state supportive services
- Manage the care plan throughout the continuum of care as a single point of contact
- Communicate with all stakeholders the required health-related information to ensure quality coordinated care and services are provided expeditiously to all members
- Advocate for patients and families as needed to ensure the patient’s needs and choices are fully represented and supported by the health care team
Expect to spend about 60% of your time in the field visiting our members in their homes or in long-term care facilities. You’ll need to be flexible, adaptable and, above all, patient in all types of situations.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- LPN or Non-4 year degree or experience: 5+ years relevant experience and 3+ years of clinical experience
- 3+ years of experience working within the community health setting in a health care role (or experience as mandated by the state contract)
- 2+ years of experience working with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to travel in assigned region to visit Medicaid members in their homes and/or other settings, including community centers, hospitals or providers' offices
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within a designated area
- 1+ years of experience working with the Hmong and/or Somali populations; Fluency in Hmong, Somali, Swahili or Arabic
- Managed Medicaid experience
- Background in managing populations with complex medical or behavioral needs
- Home health experience
- Prior field-based Case Management experience
- Experience with electronic charting
- Experience with arranging community resources
- Community Health Worker Certification
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. We serve the health care needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, HIV/AIDS and high-risk pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes-based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive health care, community and government partners to heal health care and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Community Health Worker, LPN, Telecommute, Twin Cities Area, MN, Minnesota