The Product Support team for S&C Software Products, located in Chicago, IL is responsible for the rapid delivery of new software features, enhancements, and issue resolutions to S&C customers worldwide. The Product Support team accelerates delivery of point releases, software patches, and customer demanded features of our power hardware. In this position, you will report to the Manager-Product Support.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting and/or managing all necessary development work pertinent to software design including, architecture design, specifications, analysis, design, implementation, testing and related documentation.
- Developing, debugging, and supporting software for microcontrollers and DSPs using C
- Developing and implementing software for embedded devices and systems using C/C++ and JAVA
- Developing or contributing to the development of project schedules, task and project completion time estimates, detailed software specifications and test plans.
- Analyzing and translating requirements into system software designs and interface specifications.
- Working with marketing to assure product designs meet the requirements of the market.
- Working with application engineers to resolve software related customer issues
- Working collaboratively with software and testing engineers to deliver reliable, mission critical embedded software.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the design, coding, testing, verification, validation, and support of embedded microprocessor code for networked industrial controllers, preferably for electric utility grid distribution automation.
- Experience coding, simulating, and testing solutions for microcontrollers and digital signal processors (DSP).
- Experience coding in C/C++, C#, python, and JAVA
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux programming environment
- Proficient in software development lifecycle (SDLC) and related SDLC tools such as Git (using GitHub or Bitbucket), JIRA, and Confluence.
- Strong technical leadership abilities with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel less than 10% of the time with some periods lasting more than a week.
Relevant Experience Required: 10+ years of experience in the design and development of real-time, mission critical embedded controller software using C.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
- Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
- Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
- Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Architectural Design
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)