STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Title: Data Engineer
Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 12 - Months Contract W2 Only NO C2C!!
- 8+ years professional experience with data engineering and orchestration.
- Azure Database Migration Services
- Practitioner of Agile/SAFe practices with experience using Azure DevOps (ADO) tool for work management.
- Experienced data engineer ready to design and develop Azure data architecture to support Competitive Performance reporting and analytics. Proficiently leverages Azure services, including but not limited to Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake (to ingest, standardize, and publish planned data sources for application consumption).
- Strong thought leadership to continuously improve solution and integrate technology advancements for optimal efficiency and outcomes.
- Must have the ability to build relationships, proactively engaging teammates, business SMEs, product architects, BI analysts, and engineers to gain alignment and deliver on commitments.
- Proficient agile team player well versed in development team ceremonies (e.g. DSU, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, PI planning)
- Demonstrated analytical problem solver with the ability to analyze various data sets, clarify data relationships, troubleshoot data issues and collaborate with others to fix problems.
- Utilizes software engineering principles to deploy and maintain fully automated data transformation pipelines that combine a large variety of storage and computation technologies to handle a distribution of data types and volumes in support of data architecture design.
- Design and build the integration jobs that move data from existing SoR applications into and throughout the Microsoft Cloud environment (Data Lake, Azure SQL, Azure DWH) leveraging common/standard integration patterns, tools and languages (Azure Data Factory, Data Brick, Spark SQL, Python, PySpark).
- Work with the architect and Microsoft Product Engineering Team for performance, optimization, design patterns and technical quality.
- Complete DevOps work that includes:
- Code branching strategy
- Develop CI/CD pipelines to facilitate code merges, builds and deployments
- Data Modeling
- Security and Governance
- Environment Management
- Azure resource group administration
- Create solution design and technical requirements based upon business requirements.
- Execute the technical solution focused on data transformations to assure the solution meets the need of the business.
- Capture continuous technical documentation throughout application development life cycle.
- Facilitate workshops, demos, and presentations for both functional leadership and technical audiences.
TO APPLY: Please email your resume in Word Format to Chris Aguilar at: and Reference Job Order #:231396 or Click the Apply Button.
- Agile Methodology
- Apache Spark
- Business Requirements
- Continuous Integration
- Data Analysis