Position is responsible for ensuring equipment integrity and timely repair. Effectively support the Preventative Maintenance (PM) program with a focus on decreasing bakery downtime. Analyze problems and interpret technical information necessary to make required repairs (troubleshooting of equipment issues). Complete all assigned work orders within the time allotted. Keep good records of all work assignments and communicate across all groups/departments. Able to identify required parts, current inventories, and to list parts required for reorder. Must abide by all company policies including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), Personal Safety Standards and Food Safety Standards. Person will perform mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on bakery production machinery. Duties will also include maintenance of building and support equipment.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read English and follow written procedures
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety equipment
- Ability to work in a non-air conditioned environment
- Ability to learn new skills
- Must be Team Oriented Person.
Education and Work History:
- 3 years’ supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the food industry.
- HS Diploma/GED required; College Degree (or some college) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.