The Critical Infrastructure Manager is a part of the Data Center Operations Team. The Critical Infrastructure Manager shall provide leadership and management for day-to-day operations of a large scale Data Center mechanical plant, while ensuring the highest levels of reliability and availability are maintained.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Five years of facility management or facility engineering in a high reliability Data Center environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite applications, preferably Microsoft Project, Visio or AutoCad
- Advanced written communication skills and technical writing skills
- Complex problem solving using analysis, technical and organizational expertise in order to develop creative innovative solutions
- Must be able to create consensus around new ideas and initiatives
- Identify industry trends and articulate implications that will have an impact on the Data Center operation
- Actively solicits feedback to ensure all activities and deliverables meet expectations
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency
- Extended hours may be significant at times
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language
- Responsible attitude with strong work ethic; leading by example in attendance, attitude and technical work product
- Ability and willingness to respond to emails after hours in the event of an emergency
- All candidates chosen for consideration must submit to and pass DLR’s background check
- Possess a solid background in Data Center electrical system operating experience
- Possess a comprehensive knowledge of large scale Data Centers, including state-of-the-art electrical distribution systems, static and rotary UPS, emergency standby generation, fire alarm/suppression and security infrastructures
- Possess a thorough understanding of building monitoring systems that assist in the operation and management of the electrical distribution infrastructure
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in all significant planned and emergency maintenance for the facility
- Shall ensure all maintenance for the facility is executed in a controlled and proven method that ensures uninterrupted integrity of the critical loads supported by these systems
- Developing operating and maintenance strategies to ensure continuous availability of all critical systems
- Developing and updating preventative and predictive maintenance programs for critical equipment
- Ensuring that work and services performed by outsourced vendors is coordinated and inspected
- Managing costs and annual budgets associated with the Critical Infrastructure Department and associated operations
- Maintaining an environment where diligence to policies and proven policies processes are quintessential
- Ensuring best practices and standards are adopted and enforced
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for innovation
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with key contacts internally and externally
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
Complex Problem Solving