To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tucson, AZ 85706
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Kforce Technology • Tucson, AZ
Posted 19 days ago
RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client in search of a Mechanical Engineer in Tucson, Arizona (AZ). Summary: The position reports to the Vice President of Engineering. This position assumes a leadership role on engineering teams toward the development of automated manufacturing. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for designing the required mechanisms, selecting and integrating a broad spectrum of components and subsystems including: robotics, servo axis, pneumatics, fluidics dispensing systems, vibratory feeders, lasers, vision, sensors, and conveyors. The candidate works on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required to resolve problems and makes recommendations. This person is expected to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and provides guidance to other project personnel. The individual also mentors and leads mechanical engineers to achieve customer satisfaction through quality and effective technical solutions satisfying customer requirements and strong relationships. Specific Duties Include:
- Understands and synthesizes customer user requirements for the project
- Creates designs that satisfy contract specifications and all applicable design standards while meeting material budget constraints
- Performs engineering calculations with respect to strength of materials, speeds, horsepower, temperature, pressure, force, etc. as related to machine and tool designs
- Analyzes engineering drawings, and specifications to determine shape, dimensions, hardness etc. in the development of equipment, processes and products
- Examines feasibility of using one or more machines to carry out sequential operations
- Collaborates with management to create an Engineering Deliverables plan that when executed will satisfy the overall project schedule
- Seven years of experience designing complex automation systems for the semiconductor, electronics, fiber op
- Extensive experience and demonstrable success functioning as the lead design engineer on complex projects relating to industrial automation and assembly equipment
- Must exhibit professional and courteous communication and interaction under pressure with Customers, Vendors, Engineers, Technicians, Machinists, and other team members
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time