To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Bakery Processing Op (1st shift) (6:00am-2:00pm)
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc. • Charlotte, NC
Posted 1 day ago
Degree - High School
Other Great Industries
Restaurant - Food Service
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Bakery Processing Operator, under general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of processing/baking machinery.
Essential Job Duties
- Operates the processing/baking equipment to produce product within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the highest possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors product and removes any product that is improperly formed or overlapped.
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/bakery area in accordance with established procedures to include change overs and preventative maintenance.
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate team members.
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matter.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change overs, including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload raw materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in raw material needs.
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount, makes adjustments accordingly
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Attention to detail, mechanical ability, ability to multi-task.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating to team members and leadership staff.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED required. Production experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
CPT (Certified Production Technician) certification is a plus.
Minimal travel may be required.
Job ID: 181873
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.