You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Consistently ranked by Engineering News-Record as a Top 20 transportation firm, Michael Baker International offers clients an integrated team of professionals versed in all aspects of transportation planning, design, permitting, and construction management and inspection. In addition, Michael Baker International is a recognized leader in the practical aspects of operating and maintaining safe and efficient transportation infrastructure.
Michael Baker International is seeking a full-time Traffic Engineer to join our team in Dallas. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve. The position will support planners, engineers, and project managers. This position will utilize knowledge and skills to develop corridor planning studies, reports, and traffic engineering plans and estimates.
- Knowledge of multimodal transportation planning, alternatives development, and traffic engineering
- Conduct research, collect and sort data, and prepare reports and maps
- Develop and evaluate alternative conceptual designs; consolidates project alternatives and recommendations from stakeholder inputs
- Conduct traffic analysis – forecasting, modeling, and simulation
- Develop traffic engineering design plans – signals and ITS, pavement markings and signing, and illumination
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in transportation projects including planning, modeling, traffic engineering analysis, and design
- Familiarity with corridor planning studies for existing and new routes
- Effective communication skills to prepare project reports
- Experience with software programs such as GIS, Microstation, TransCAD, VISSIM, Guide Sign and Synchro/ Simtraffic
- Ability to work independently as well as in multidisciplinary teams
- P.E. or AICP is preferred
The salary range for this position is $63,712 - $132,763. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Hardworking And Dedicated
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: 303881
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.