American Homes 4 Rent
As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (NYSE: AMH) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Product and Pricing Manager develops and implements pricing strategies for AH4R's products and services. In addition, this position helps AH4R identify target markets and review customer trends to determine the need for new products or services within the residential home market. This position manages the pricing specialist/analyst to provide and communicate accurate pricing and costs for services (including labor and materials) for all aspects of home and property improvements in numerous markets across the United States and oversees the research and communication of accurate product reviews and comparisons for all materials related to AH4R properties. The Product and Pricing Manager spends a significant amount of time building, contracting and negotiating relationships with contractors, vendors, and manufacturers that will benefit AH4R in creating better pricing and consistently higher quality of service and performance.
- Develops and defines pricing structures; Manages and negotiates pricing with contractors, vendors and manufacturers; maintains optimal pricing and quality for construction, maintenance costs, labor costs and materials; provides current pricing recommendations.
- Manages the research and communication of pricing costs for services, product reviews and comparisons for all materials related to AH4R properties; collaborates with the Vendor Management team to develop national pricing & product programs and drive vendor accountability.
- Manages the research and analysis of product category standardization. This involves the comparison of products, their level of quality along with all aspects of the supply chain. Works with Vendor Management and field teams to ensure compliance and accountability.
- Directs the collection, analytics and comparison reports on vendor pricing and products from current and prospective vendors; evaluates costs to develop and improve pricing strategies; analyzes various markets to assess present and future material availability; investigates and implements methods and tools, to improve pricing efficiencies, comparisons and data usability.
- Manages the Product and Pricing team, oversees activities of the department; manages, trains, and coaches the team while guiding individuals to reach their potential and providing constructive feedback for employee development; prospects, interviews, and strategically hires new and replacement employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in real estate, property management, construction or related field required
- Minimum of five (5) years of pricing and product knowledge required
- Minimum of three (3) years of supervisory experience, managing direct reports required
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Valid driver's license required
- Experience working in the construction industry with a comprehensive knowledge of construction costs preferred
- Three (3) years of experience in estimation and negotiation preferred
- Working knowledge of Yardi Voyager, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Google Docs preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, financial analysis and organizing skills.
- Strong leadership, employee development, appraisal, relationship management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
Work where you feel right at home -
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Related keywords -
Manager of product and pricing, manager, product, pricing, property operations, business, finance, real estate, property management, construction, supervisor, estimating, negotiating, full time, request for proposal, RFP, cost comparison, purchasing analyst, senior buyer, procurement manager, supply chain, six sigma
Customer Relationship Management