To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Irvine, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Engineer 2 – 3, Product (Vision and Data Systems)
Bendix Commercial Vehicle Systems LLC, • Irvine, CA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Want to help shape tomorrow? At Bendix we’ve been doing it for nearly 90 years …setting the standard with advanced dynamic solutions that drive improved commercial vehicle performance and safety. We’re part of the Knorr-Bremse Group, the global leader in braking technologies. As part of our team, you’ll collaborate with a world of talented and dedicated colleagues whose sense of purpose complements your own. You’ll find rewarding opportunities, diverse experiences, partnerships, and an unwavering commitment to ethics and integrity. Innovation is part of our DNA. Achievement drives our culture. Learn more today! www.bendix.com/careers
Position Title: Engineer 2 – 3, Product (Vision and Data Systems)
Reports To: Engineering Supervisor – Vision and Data
Date Last Revised: April 22, 2019
Exemption Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and development of existing products in the product line of Vision and Data; AutoVue Lane Departure System, SDP3, SDP5 and SafetyDirect. The responsibilities will include new product development to satisfy the evolving customer needs and release management of sustaining product improvements over the entire product line.
- As part of a product team, develop and maintain current and future product releases.
- Develop product functional and technical requirements based on feedback from vehicle OEMs and users, and competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Ensure that all North American requirements (Bendix and customer) are implemented as needed.
- Insure that all requirements (customer, internal, system, design and test) are properly maintained in the requirements management system.
- Create test plans based on product requirements, oversee testing, interpret results and document design qualification testing.
- Author product specifications, component drawings and test specifications.
- Participate in the development of DFMEAs (including linkage activity of S/C’s and C/C’s – critical characteristics) and other safety-related analyses.
- Participate in the implementation of functional safety requirements in accordance with ISO 26262.
- Interface with advanced manufacturing engineers, quality engineering, and plant engineering to implement needed modifications to plant assembly lines and test procedures.
- Interface with plant quality to support the first article approval and PPAP processes.
- Support regularly scheduled telecons with OEM customers.
- Implement design improvements to existing products within the Bendix Vision and Data product line, including VAVE, improvements to manufacturability and robustness, and development of new customer applications
- Analysis of End-Of-Line rejects and warranty returns; synthesis and implementation of solutions.
- Interface with the software organization to ensure that all software requirements are properly implemented.
- Perform project management tasks - maintain project status and milestones; report out to management; anticipate workload, potential delays, potential problems.
- The individual will display and further develop an area of technical expertise, to be used as a “go-to” person within the engineering department for that technology or technique.
- This position may require some travel to work with engineering teams at Bendix in Elyria, Ohio.
- This position may require some travel to Bendix production facilities in Huntington, Indiana.
- Knowledge of ISO/QS9000 Total Quality processes preferred.
- Knowledge of Bendix / Knorr production processes and design practices preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standard documents such as SAE J1455 and J1113.
- Knowledgeable in mechanical, environmental, electrical, and vehicle test processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of SAE J1939 operation and testing preferred.
- Engineering change processes understanding is required; CAD and configuration management tools and design documentation including creation and/or checking of drawings.
- Three years of automotive industry or commercial vehicle industry preferred.
- Product development and launch preferred, including: development of specifications, DFMEAs, and DVP&Rs, basic exposure to and interface with PPAP process; Interfacing with manufacturing engineers.
- Validation testing including mechanical, electrical, climatic environments with system and vehicle-level experience.
- Experience with global product development teams preferred.
- Current product support, including: statistical analysis of production data, design of experiments, component failure analysis, and maintenance of specifications, drawings, and Bills of material.
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office suite, including Project
- Familiar with common engineering tools (ERP – SAP, Teamcenter, CAD)
- Effective communicating with customers.
- Self-starter / self-motivating.
- Capable of multi-tasking and adapting to changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid analytical skills.
- Good organizational skills, capable of maintaining schedules and communicating progress to management.
- Outstanding professional presence
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering required; Master’s degree in related profession a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent preferred.
What does Bendix have to offer you?
- Work/life balance that includes Paid Vacation & Holiday Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with Company matching
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement)
- Wellness Program and incentives
- On-Site Fitness Center
- On-Site Cafeteria with Healthy menu options
- Health and Welfare Insurance Benefits that start on your 1st day of employment:
- Company-Paid Benefits:
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Voluntary Employee-Paid Benefits:
- Medical and Prescription insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Plans
- Supplemental AD&D insurance for Employee and Family
- Long Term Disability
- Accident Plan
- Critical Illness Plan
- Hospital Indemnity Plan
The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required SkillsRequired Experience