Travel Required: None Requisition Type: Regular
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Systems Operations Specialist joining our team to support Government activities at Chantilly location.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Operations Specialist supporting the customer, you will be trusted to perform routine computer operations and maintenance (O&M) tasks and/or work on operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Perform routine computer operations and maintenance (O&M) tasks and/or work on operating systems software and its successful integration with the hardware and applications software
- Position could provide 24x7 operational support depending on requirements within the organization
- Independently research and resolve routine O&M problems; assist in the resolution of complex O&M problems; execute standard operating procedures (SOP’s) and schedule O&M activities
- Provide written input into the development and documentation of standard operating procedures
- Assist in the integration, installation, testing and maintenance of specific software relating system environments using established procedures,; maintenance of operating configurations and software configurations
- Windows System Operations and System Administration within a diverse IT infrastructure including: storage/backup, various OS platforms, middleware and virtual environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of the following infrastructure principles:
o Fault tolerance
o High availability
o Scalability and Capacity planning
o Data center organization
o Backup / Recovery
- Demonstrated ability to research emerging technologies to determine impact on application/system integration and execution.
- Rotating pager duty may be required
- Work with developers/engineers across disciplines to define customer and system requirements, and develop solutions that will scale to meet future enterprise requirements
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with regard to developing project briefings, system designs and after action reports
- Must be familiar with the System Engineering Life Cycle as it relates to desktop and server baselines (physical and virtual), including patch management and reporting
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware/software issues, restore the environment to an operational state with minimal downtime
- Perform root cause analysis and provide forward leaning mitigation strategies
- Perform trend analysis on overall system health, performance, and capacity management with regard to metrics that detail utilization and growth potential
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge of Windows platform (i.e. Windows 2008-R2, 2012-Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, SCOM, Outlook, etc.) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and knowledge implementing and configuring Blade Servers, SMS / SCCM, WSUS, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), VMware VSphere, ESXi, DNS, VDI, Terminal Server, DFS, performance monitoring, automated server and workstation provisioning and enterprise storage
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge and experience building and deploying automated server and workstation builds across an enterprise infrastructure with environments that are logically separated
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and understanding of proactive monitoring concepts, including experience configuring and deploying Network and systems monitoring (i.e. SNMP, Nagios, Splunk, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of open source frameworks, with experience deploying various open source packages and/or application stacks into sponsor's production landscape
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 15 years related experience.
- Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
- Technical background in infrastructure, storage, networks, data center, OS platform services, Virtual platforms, application packaging
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer’s ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
System Center Operations Management
V Mware V Sphere