Come join our family and see what you've been missing!
Forget whatever you've heard about working in nursing homes before. Lorien is more than a nursing home, and it shows with our employees. As a family-owned business, we see our team members as an extension of family. We invite them to share our values of progressive, community-based care. We encourage them to work hard. We set them up to succeed. Then, when they do, we're the first to praise, reward and admire their achievements.
Lorien Mount Airy is an Assisted Living, Long Term Care and Skilled Nursing Facility. We are nestled in the small town of Mount Airy, MD and have that same small town feel here at the facility. We are a close knit community that cares for and supports our residents, their families, and each other. We support the surrounding community by attending and sponsoring local events such as Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and First Night Out. Lorien Mount Airy is conveniently located just off of I-70 in Carroll County making it easily accessible by our neighbors in Frederick, Howard and Montgomery Counties.
Lorien Health - Mt. Airy is currently seeking experienced RN Charge Nurses. The successful applicant will be responsible for the caseload for the assigned shift, and for the total care given to the residents; including post-acute patients, patients with complex medical conditions and long-term care patients.
You will gather information on each resident's condition and will work with the nursing team to continuously evaluate their individual care plan. You will also oversee the staff of nursing assistants on your assigned shift and gather information from them concerning their observations of the residents and any changes in their conditions.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- Must possess an active RN license in Maryland, or compact state, without restrictions
- 1 year med/surg experience, or long term care experience required
- Knowledge of state & federal regulations that apply to our facility (including Medicare) and ability to maintain compliance.
- Knowledge of resident rights, documentation requirement for managing skilled care, and electronic medical record experience a plus
Lorien Mount Airy offers an excellent salary/benefit package Benefits include:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Holiday Assurance Club
- Turf Valley employee perks for Turf Valley Resort
- Employee assistance program
Lorien Health Services is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations