PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Senior Environmental Engineer to join our Building and Construction team in Santa Fe Springs, CA.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Senior Engineer will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Environmental projects in the Los Angeles Region. Duties
- Assist Engineers and other PSI Professionals by performing a variety of testing, project specific observations, and site assessment duties.
- Operates equipment, conducts tests/assessments and reports data.
- Works from drawings, specifications, diagrams, schematics and specific verbal and written instructions.
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and take samples and perform tests.
- Makes minor adjustments and modifications as needed.
- Perform assignments that include independent evaluations using standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be able to use judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications to these standards. May supervise or coordinate work of technical support personnel.
- BS/MS in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- P.E. is required
- 15+ years of related experience
- Professional registration/certification is desired in one’s discipline is desired
- Must be able to perform tasks in varying field/lab/office conditions.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate most field/lab/office equipment relating to one’s discipline.
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Environmental Resource Management
Resource Conservation And Recovery Act (Rcra)