* Competitive Cytogenetics
* Health care (medical, vision, dental, HSA, FSA, etc.)
* 401 (k) with company contribution
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Company paid life insurance
* Identity Theft Protection
* Travel Assistance Services
* Discounts on a variety of items including gym memberships, cell phone carriers, and more
The person in this position is a licensed Medical Technologist (MT) or Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytogenetics (CG) who is responsible for day to day specimen processing, analysis and results reporting. The person in this position performs the standard duties of a Laboratory Technologist independently and will consult Lead Technologist if appropriate.
* Performs all duties of a Medical Technologist I without assistance from Medical Technologist III. Displays satisfactory clinical competency on standard procedures.
* Assists in the training of new employees and trainees in accordance with department protocols and company guidelines.
* Prepare and present case studies and/or continuing education activities.
* Receive and process specimens according to department protocols.
* Assists the Supervisor, Manager and Director with administrative functions such as ordering supplies and maintaining inventory.
* Produces, interprets and reports accurate and precise test results.
* Identify and correct problems that may adversely affect test performance or result reporting of patient samples.
* Communicates pertinent section information/issues to supervisor, manager or other appropriate individual.
* Performs instrument maintenance and method troubleshooting.
* Validates new methods.
* Handles CAP surveys.
* Assists in documentation and maintaining effective department QA/QC programs and monitors.
* Must perform within the productivity expectations as set forth by current departmental guidelines.
* Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
* Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
* Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate Policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.
* Addresses Client Concerns.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
* Bachelors Degree
* National certification by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) as a Clinical Laboratory Specialist in Cytogenetics (CG) or as a Medical Technologist (MT).
* Must hold a valid Tennessee State Laboratory License.
* Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification and licensure.
* Three years job-related experience preferred.
* Computer proficiency preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Product Quality Assurance