To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
- Mitch Mcwethy
- Phone: 9723481815
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Surgical Materials Tech
Aerotek • Dallas, TX
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Surgical Materials Tech
2P-10:30P (2 Surgery Supply Tech needed asap (Temp to hire)
10P-6:30A (1 Surgery Supply Tech needed asap (Temp to hire)
6A-2:30P (1 Surgery Supply Tech needed asap (Temp only to cover for FMLA employee)
- Minimum Experience: 1 year hospital experience preferred.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Required Certification/License: BCLS Preferred.
- **Valid Texas drivers license may be required**
- Coordinates incoming shipment of supplies between Central Sterile Supply & the Receiving Department. Receives merchandise, confirms delivery receipt for accuracy. Unpack supplies from boxes, outside the sterile supply area, and places supplies on a cart. Discards boxes properly. Restocks Central Sterile Supply with product in correct bin locations and distributes special request supplies. All completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares case carts properly for supply transportation. Completes case cart Pick List accurately and in a timely manner.
- Inventories & restocks specialty PAR locations for assigned areas. Utilizes computer printout sheet and/or Hand-held High jump to determine, document and collect replenished supply quantities. Assists with data entry related to requisitions/supply orders, etc. All of this in a timely manner.
- Answers phone requests with the ability to understand the nature of said requests. Can offer alternative products if needed or can assist in locating the unavailable product, and/or substitute from another source. Delivers the requested supply to the O/R as requested.
- Responsible for the Inspection, documentation and deposition of expired and/or recall products stocked on the shelf daily. Maintains the required log. Maintains the storage area for all supplies in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Responsible for the inspection of compromise of sterility of products and restocking of unused medical supplies returned in "Green Bags" from case carts.
- Ensure all supply storage locations are identified with a "BARCODE" product label thereby, verification of product also being identified on a PAR.
- Consistently notifies surgery staff of departmental stock orders & back-order releases. Assures timely, accurate delivery according to established schedule. Informs requisitioner of specialty back-orders and expected release date.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.