To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Ram Tool Construction Supply Co.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Administrator - Linux & Hosting
Ram Tool Construction Supply • Birmingham, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - LINUX & HOSTING - Birmingham, AL Dynamic company seeks a Senior Systems Administrator (Linux & Hosting) to embark on a successful career at our Corporate Headquarters in Birmingham, AL. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join Ram Tool Construction Supply Co., the largest family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction supplies in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Texas. Ram Tool has a vast product line with 90,000+ unique items to sell and over 90% of deliveries made within 24 hours. Working closely with and reporting to the Manager of IT, the Senior Systems Administrator shares responsibility for the management, monitoring, and maintenance of all Ram Tool Construction Supply Co. server hardware, software, and application infrastructure with a heavy focus on Linux/Unix platforms, E-Commerce applications, internally- developed/ customized applications, middleware and shared storage. In a secondary capacity, the Senior Systems Administrator is acts as a mentor to junior Systems/Network Administrators in troubleshooting issues with various hardware, operating systems and application platforms. The Senior System Administrator also addresses high-complexity end-user issues and participates in projects as IT/business initiatives necessitate. The position requires exceptional organizational and communications skills, a high degree of motivation, and the exercise of sound judgement. The incumbent must prioritize multiple issues and projects coming from a variety of sources while seeking supervisory input when appropriate. The ideal holder of this position will have worked in a medium to large enterprise environment, holding primary responsibility for Microsoft Linux Servers. Additional relevant experience includes administration of other collaboration solutions, oversight of Active Directory and / or AD data hygene, provisioning of storage on mid-range storage area networks, and general Windows system administration tasks. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage, monitor and maintain Linux server hardware, software, application infrastructure and E-Commerce applications
- Act as a flexible, IT generalist in support of IT and business-driven projects
- Stay abreast of IT industry developments to identify technologies or trends that may contribute to organizational / operational efficiency
- Document work and assist IT management with system design documentation, conceptual diagramming, cross-training, knowledge transfer, and other efforts to guard against interruption of services and / or support in the event of absence or transition
- Act as an ambassador to the business organization, ensuring that the IT department is seen as a trusted partner, not only in addressing problems, but bolstering all things that can positively impact customer service
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with technology-related focus or 5 years' experience independently performing complex troubleshooting tasks and designing technology solutions in an enterprise environment
- Exceptional organizational and communications skills
- High degree of motivation
- Expert level understanding of Linux / Unix system administration and automation; Jenkins and Ansible experience preferred
- Advanced understanding of Bash shell scripting
- Advanced knowledge of Apache, Apache Tomcat, and general concepts in web services
- Advanced knowledge of concepts in multi-tier application architecture, middleware integration, and troubleshooting
- Intermediate knowledge of SAN solutions and general shared storage concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of software version control concepts, software build / deployment concepts
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows, Windows Server, Active Directory, general TCP/IP networking topics
- Intermediate knowledge of MySQL/MariaDB
- Preferred experience with Cloudflare or other CDNs
- Knowledge of Linux application clustering and High Availability
- Experience administrating Atlassian product suite: Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Strong Active Directory knowledge, including joining Linux systems to AD Domain
- Experience with patch management
- Ability to prioritize multiple issues in a high-volume environment
Job ID: req1053
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.