To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kingsport, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Operations Excellence Manager
Leclerc Foods Tennessee LLC • Kingsport, TN
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Canada’s leader in the production of cookies, Leclerc also manufactures sugar wafers, snack bars, breakfast cereals, crackers, and chocolates. The thriving family company currently sells its products in more than twenty countries all over the world.
Leclerc is, and has always been, on the leading edge of technology and constantly works to ensure the complete satisfaction of its customers. Together with over 900 employees, the company builds on production processes and rigorous distribution networks in order to offer the highest quality products. For more than 110 years, Leclerc has successfully balanced innovation, freshness, and good taste, pleasing customers of all ages.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Operational Excellence Manager will be responsible for implementing continuous improvement efforts, acting as an internal consultant in shaping continuous improvement strategy while also helping senior leadership and plant managements solve complex business, operational, and manufacturing problems. He/she will be critical in helping to recognize, analyze, prioritize, and drive opportunities for improvement across all aspects of the business. They will own and utilize Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement methodologies, tools, techniques, and principles, assuring their freshness, applicability, and consistency with industry standards and ensuring proper deployment across multiple projects.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a Zero Incident Safety Culture, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement
- Utilizes data from all areas within the Company and analyzes for improvement opportunities.
- Coach local teams into improvements to processes to deliver consistent, annual, and sustainable improvements in performance.
- Promote best practices sharing within the plants and departments.
- Accelerates cultural change to reduce variation and waste in Company Business and Operational activities.
- Drives standardization and structure into performance indicators from the shop floor through Senior Management to identify, prioritize and validate the improvement actions and results.
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize and deliver projects on time (H&S & Continuous improvement yearly plans).
- Identify and engage subject matter experts (SMEs), both internally and externally, to facilitate implementation of project initiatives
- Create efficient business processes and workflows to streamline, standardize, and accelerate initiatives.
- Analyze and benchmark current state processes against proposed alternatives to identify opportunities to close competitive gaps and/or gain competitive advantages.
- Analyze, document, and accurately track the progress of identified value opportunities.
- Serve as a change agent by promoting the use of Lean tools and Strategy Deployment methodology across the Company.
- Create an environment where all employees have increased opportunities to contribute to the success of the business and the security of their future through Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Assists in the development of plant lean leaders in advanced tools and methodologies for sustainable results.
- Provide coverage for US Plant Managers as needed with long-term ability to grow into role within the US.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Engineering degree complete with at least 10 years demonstrated work experience in this field.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification complete with a minimum of 5 years demonstrated work experience in this field.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills and a desire to participate in a highly competitive business endeavor requiring a high degree of quality.
- Proven track record of leading change and implementing continuous improvement projects
- Attention to detail, adaptability, self-starter, and high degree of personal accountability is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the Company, including Senior Leadership, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills, including ability to use MS Office Suite, Minitab, SAP, Databases, and other programs used by the Company
- Ability to multi-task extensively; experience in project management.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally upwards of 40% of the time
- Work in the United States without company sponsorship
Joining Leclerc's dynamic and passionate team provides an opportunity to work every day to promote people’s well-being by offering high quality products. Would you like to build a career in a motivating work environment with nonstop exciting challenges? Please apply through the site.