To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minnetonka, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Strategy Intern - Minnetonka, MN
UnitedHealth Group • Minnetonka, MN
Posted 26 days ago
Healthcare - Health Services
General Business, Health Care
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that’s dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You’ll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It’s the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life’s best work. (sm)
This is not just an internship. Become a part of a dedicated team with our Corporate Strategy group that believes market research and providing data analytics is important to our organization’s future. A team that functions as an in-house strategy consulting group for the company and knows their work is crucial to our great decision making. If you’re dedicated and passionate about understanding the healthcare industry this is the opportunity for you to gain exposure to business development, operations, pricing and bid strategy, M&A due diligence, public policy, portfolio analysis and market and competitive intelligence that is crucial to our teams producing the best possible work product.
**Housing and relocation assistance is not available for this position. **
**This intern position will be available all year starting January 2018**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Work 16-20 hours per school week in a team environment on independent tasks related to market research and corporate strategy (on school breaks candidates would work 40 hours per week)
- Gather information and utilize publicly available resources, proprietary and third party databases to create reports and analyze healthcare trends
- Conduct research that will guide various groups in the organization on different opportunities (marketing initiatives, business opportunities, etc.)
- Draw conclusions and conceptualize data for ongoing and confidential projects
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, analytics, finance, economics or a related degree from an accredited college / university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Must have at least a 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint
- Seeking candidates who demonstrate a high level of maturity and professionalism
- Ability to interpret data and draw conclusions from various sources
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of the organization
- Prior market research experience
- Sophomore or Junior class standing
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job ID: 2551_735046
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.