$170k-$220k base - 15-30% bonus - 100% medical coverage - 20 days (160 hrs PTO) - many other great benefits!
A healthy and inclusive internet starts with the tools used to access and discover the Web. On Android, we start by developing applications that give people a choice in their Android browser to experience the Web in an open, safe, and healthy environment. Promoting transparency, innovation, inclusion, and opportunity from every angle for mobile is at our core.
If you are an experienced app developer and want to contribute to a product that has over 100 million downloads from the Google Play Store, join our team!
What you’ll do
- Design, debug, build, and ship medium to large-scale Android solutions that promote a healthy and inclusive internet
- Work closely with specialist Gecko teams to bring browser functionality to Android
- Become a member of a hardworking, diverse, and geographically distributed team delivering Android components, application improvements, and features
- Closely collaborate with stakeholders to understand, define and clarify the scope and solidify requirements
- Clearly communicate the engineering development perspective and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical team members
- Define and uphold standards for quality through constructive code reviews, bug fixing, testing, and coding practices
What you bring
- Many years of experience building sophisticated applications for a broad and diverse user base using Java, Kotlin, or C++
- You enjoy building scalable and intuitive APIs
- A passion for investigating and squashing bugs, and building excellent products
- Experience resolving problems, signaling risk, fostering change, and facilitating collaborative decision-making
- Modern programming practices (code review, unit testing, automation)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment to deliver well-designed, reusable, and high-quality code on time
- Desire to work, learn, and grow with an outstanding group of people
Bonus Points for:
- Reading and understanding C++ and/or Rust.
- Unafraid of asking questions, and proposing new insights that will make a positive impact.
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Code Review
- Decision Making