Apply your experience working with individuals on the road to recovery from drug and alcohol addiction at BHN!
Become part of our competent team of professionals as a Lead Counselor-Case Manager at the Carlson Recovery Center, a program of Behavioral Health Network!
The Lead Counselor-Case Manager uses a diverse knowledge of biopsychosocial, emotional, and aftercare planning needs to address the complexities of addiction and early recovery treatment. Building off this knowledge, the Lead Counselor-Case Manager is skilled in assessing the range of treatment issues, recognizing special needs, and adjusting treatment approaches accordingly. The Lead Counselor-Case Manager documents care plans according to established expectations, creatively uses group and individual sessions to maximize treatment, and provides resources and information on topics such as alcohol use, drug use, harm reduction, and mental illness. In addition, the Lead Counselor-Case Manager coordinates referrals for ongoing treatment with agencies and services, facilitates groups and provides transportation to appointments for individuals when needed. Above all, the Lead Counselor-Case Manager provides care with respect, sensitivity, and in a manner that preserves and protects client autonomy, dignity, and rights of individuals served.
Additionally, the Lead Counselor-Case Manager works, in collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor, and management team to provide guidance and support to the Counselors-Case Managers. The Lead Counselor-Case Manager helps assign cases to and serves as the trainer for new Counselors-Case Managers. The Lead Counselor-Case Manager may assist in scheduling of Counselors-Case Managers and supervises them in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor.
The Carlson Recovery Center in Springfield, MA serves those 18 years of age and older who are suffering from drug and alcohol addiction within the first 5-7 days of their recovery. The 32-bed program is also open to those who are under a court order to seek treatment. A 24-hour multidisciplinary team, including a Medical Director, a board-certified Family Physician, and an Addiction Medicine Physician, provides acute treatment and detoxification services.
Behavioral Health Network is a growing non-profit community behavioral health agency that has been providing services to children, adults, families and communities in Western Massachusetts since 1938. BHN provides comprehensive, outcome-driven behavioral health care. We are dedicated to offering high quality, affordable and culturally appropriate care to people of all ages and income levels in our constituent communities.
Lead Counselors-Case Managers at Behavioral Health Network have the following qualities:
- Master's Degree in related field (required); CAC/CADAC or LADC (Preferred).
- Two years experience in substance abuse or behavioral health counseling (Preferred).
- Experience providing case management and/or counseling services as part of a clinical team to patients in a treatment setting preferred.
- Ability to understand, empathize and work with an addicted, dually diagnosed and/or methadone maintained population.
- Demonstrated ability to approach individuals served in a sensitive and therapeutic manner to understand and work with patients' problems.
- Demonstrate skills in assessing the range of addiction, dual diagnosis and methadone issues, recognizing special needs and adjusting treatment approaches accordingly.
- Knowledge of methadone induction case management.
- Ability to collaborate on an interdisciplinary level with nursing department, recovery specialists, intake, reception, and management team.
- Ability to train Counselors-Managers.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to maintain the Counselor-Case Manager shift schedule, caseload assignments, and group assignments in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to provide general supervision of the counseling department in the absence of the Clinical Supervisor.
If you are interested in this opportunity to be a Lead Counselor-Case Manager at BHN, please visit our website at URL blocked - click to apply and click on "Browse All Jobs" to apply!
Licensed Professional Counselor (Lpc)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor
Licensed Marriage And Family Therapist (Lmft)