Even if you have noprior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build thesuccessful career that you want - apply today!
Turnon the news on any night of the week and you're likely to hear about thechanges that are sweeping through our health care system. It's dramatic. It'spositive. And it's being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the besttraining and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers.You'll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questionsabout their health benefits. As their advocate, you'll use your personality andour tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them,including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
If you are located within the state of Kansas, you will have theflexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealthGroup's Telecommuter Policy.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we'reproviding support during this global health crisis and search for a way you canget involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Benefit Advocate / Greater Kansas - KS Remote
- Respond to and resolve,on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying thetopic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility andclaims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educatecustomers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health caretopics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of theirhealth plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Initiate proactiveoutreach to members as needed, which may involve welcoming new members to ourhealth plans, addressing gaps in care, reviewing coverage, and referring &enrolling them to internal specialists and programs based on their needs andeligibility
- Contact care providers(doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointmentscheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers innavigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage andreassure them to become self-sufficient
Thisrole is equally challenging and rewarding. You'll be called on to researchcomplex issues pertaining to the caller's health, status and potential planoptions. To do this, you'll need to navigate across multiple databases whichrequires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently andcompassionately engaging with the caller.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance inan environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what ittakes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other rolesyou may be interested in.
- High School Diploma,GED, or Equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years ofcombined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will berequired to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app,Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) orsimilar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealthGroup building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition,employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Health Care/Insuranceenvironment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, orbenefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioralhealth, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or accountmanagement experience
- Customer ServiceExperience
- You will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's USTelecommuting Policy
- Reside within the state of Kansas
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that isseparated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (ifapplicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealthGroup approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existinghigh-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. Thehealth and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are takinga science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforceback to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitorand assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attentionto geography-specific trends. At thistime, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home(remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 teammembers and their families, providing them with resources and support as theycontinue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes tobe conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARESprogram to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group teammembers and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann tosupport and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increasedsanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs forour employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or wholive with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more aboutall we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Benefit Advocate / Greater Kansas - KS Remote
UnitedHealthGroup is a team of more than 200,000 people who are buildingcareer success through commitment, compassion and a desire to make adifference. Join us. Learn more abouthow you can start doing your life's bestwork.SM
Careerswith UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start witha Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already andbuilding the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccableexecution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsessionwith driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare isserving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military familiesand Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them theresources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that'ssecond to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthieratmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / AffirmativeAction employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, genderidentity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any othercharacteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates arerequired to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR,UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phonesupport, training class, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute,hiring immediately