Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our teammembers, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunitiesfor growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every dayand share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and privateduty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment withflexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinaryteam
Continuing education and training, tuition assistance,technology and more
Professional development to build skills and opportunitiesto advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience indelivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skillsand experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals forthe future, join our team.
Are you in a healthcare environment butnot being used to your full potential? Are you intelligent, hardworking,energetic, with high level critical thinking skills and a serviceorientation? If so, keep reading…
At Amedisys, every life is precious and tells anincredible story, and we celebrate that each day by honoring our patients withgenuine, personal attention. Everything we do, from the boardroom to ournationwide network of care centers, is centered on providing the best carepossible for those who have entrusted us with their well-being and comfort. If you're looking for a placewhere you can take your career to the next level, while experiencing healthcare from the inside,please consider this important opportunity as Executive Assistant to our CEO,and join our Amedisys team.
This Executive Assistant supports our CEO tostrategically manage his time and priorities to best support and enable thesuccess of our company of caregivers. This position requires someone who ishigh-energy and has the poise and confidence to act as “the face of Amedisys”to our customers, employees, and Board of Directors. The successfulcandidate will be someone who is passionate, persistent and driven, flexible and hardworking, who loves the challengeof an ever-changing and growing environment, and is an Olympic levelproblem-solver! We need a service oriented teamplayer who can thrive in a non-traditionalcorporate environment.
In this position, you will:
- Be proactive and take ownership of your role and the outcomes you influence.
- Prepare complicated and sometimes urgent travel arrangements and handle expense reports in a timely manner.
- Proactively manage the busy and ever-changing calendar of the CEO.
- Triage workflow for the CEO; develop an understanding of task and issue priorities; bring urgent matters to attention.
- Use emotional intelligence and good judgment while handling highly confidential and proprietary matters.
- Keep a pulse on team culture and morale -- bubble up issues with ideas for solutions.
- Exercise professionalism and poise while keeping everything running smoothly.
- Partner with colleagues for meeting planning and assist with special projects as needed.
As the Executive Assistant to the CEO you will have the opportunity to have open access and work directly with avisionary, innovative and influential healthcare leader who keenly values thisrole as integral to our success. The ideal candidate must possess inherent andemotional intelligence, analytical skills, and poise to manage the manychallenges and situations that will arise on a daily basis. Three to fouryears of successfully navigating this role is considered a great launching padto other positions within our company. If the person we are describing isYOU, please take a moment to apply and share your information with us. Welook forward to meeting you.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondaryeducation or training in business related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as an executive leveladministrative assistant required with at least five (5) years experiencepreferred.
- Strong computer and software skills required. Ability to useOutlook with high level skills in Excel and PowerPoint are required.
- Ability to type 65 words per minute with a high level ofaccuracy.
- Experienced in processing expense reports and making travelarrangements.
- A proven sense of urgency to meet multiple deadlines witheffective time management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and writtencommunication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all members ofstaff, visitors and associates in a consistently positive and professional way.
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service skills whenresponding to questions and other inquiries from internal and externalcustomers.
- Able to act autonomously and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to forecast needs; set priorities and deliverresults with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professionalmanner.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin,citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, geneticpredisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitmentwe have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and theopportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employeesinclude:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spendingaccount
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Complex Problem Solving
Hardworking And Dedicated