Engineer 4 - Materials Engineer
Location: Lakewood CO 80215
Contract to hire or possibly direct hire
$100-125K with 10% bonus
Performs duties in Disposables Product Development Engineering that require application of intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices related to polymeric materials selection for various functions and then qualifying these components. Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities primarily centered around material changes. Carries out complex or novel research assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Leads and is accountable for projects and drives results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
- Directs one or more major phases of complex engineering work, utilizing engineering skills to devise entirely new approaches to problems encountered in projects.
- Develops new processes that have a significant impact on multiple disciplines.
- Contributes to the establishment of business objectives, goals, budgets and costs as requested.
- Presents complex technical information/analysis, and responds to questions from technical staff members and management regularly and effectively.
- Mentors less experienced engineers.
- Provides broad-based direction for subordinates and colleagues within functional area and cross functionally.
- Applies technical expertise to complex tasks with in-depth knowledge of related work areas.
- Employs in-depth knowledge of cross functional and related technical areas, applying knowledge to other areas.
- Displays accessibility and sought out for consultation on a broad range of complex technical and industry issues engineering staff and management.
- Works on complex issues where analysis requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Keeps updated on recent technical advances within the industry and applies this knowledge to products and processes.
- Author material qualification plans, process specifications, and design verification to develop and document polymeric material properties.
- As the subject matter expert, advise and work with engineering staff in the optimization, selection, processing and use of materials in product designs and effectively recommend changes in material selection to optimize customer needs, product requirements and manufacturing.
- Support teams in needed knowledge of material chemical, mechanical, and biological interface requirements
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work direction responsibility may include technicians and junior engineers.
- May work with manufacturing and other functional groups on manufacturing and regulatory compliance issues.
- May contribute to the establishment of business objectives, goals, budgets and costs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree or Master of Science degree in Materials Science or Engineering (Polymer Materials Engineering preferred).
- Minimum 8 years experience.
- Two years of GMP manufacturing experience required.
- Preferred experience with medical polymers
- Experience with polymer material selection and qualification for various manufacturing technologies and sterilization methods for medical devices.
- Broad knowledge of polymers and functions as well as behaviors over time and impact of environmental conditions on materials.
- Knowledge of compounding, extrusion, injection molding, and welding polymers.
- Requires demonstrated skills in technical innovation, technical leadership, mechanical or chemical engineering, fluids engineering, and cellular biology.
- Demonstrated interactive skills in, cross functional participation and influence, mentoring and acceptance of guidance, technical leadership, project management, coordination with cross functional team member, team behavior, and support for subordinates, junior engineers, technicians, and management.
- Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior level external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Follows and develops technical specification requirements and provides significant input on technical procedures on various processes that impact multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge and ability to implement FDA or regulatory requirements as necessary.
- Driver for acquiring resources and building consensus across products.
- Solicits and accepts the ideas of others, as well as actively contributes to an environment conducive to open communication.
- Regularly and effectively presents complex technical information/analysis, and responds to questions from technical staff members and management.
- Understanding of and adherence to GMP practices and FDA regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
For more information or further consideration on this opportunity please contact Donny Yoshida, Kelly Engineering Recruiter, Email blocked - click to apply
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity, and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short-term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct-hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Coaching And Mentoring