To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lehi, UT
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chargeback Data Entry Specialist
TSYS • Lehi, UT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Responsible for research and resolution of customer charge backs. Requires detailed transaction research, analytical skills, and documentation of actions taken including phone calls to merchants, cardholders, and others as appropriate. Applies bank and card industry regulations and practices in resolving disputes. May also compile aggregate statistics on charge backs for use by the company in identifying patterns and improving overall customer service.
What Part Will You Play?
- Develops and applies the basic skills appropriate to research, process, and resolve chargeback/reversal requests for 3 or more dispute reason codes specific to 1 of the supported card brands, by utilizing established processes in a multi-client/system environment and adhering to association regulations. Gathers and analyzes cardholder and/or merchant account transactions to determine if the disputed transactions are covered under federal regulations, organizes supporting information, and applies appropriate credit/debit adjustments to accounts based on the final result of arbitration.
- Works basic assignments from work queues as directed. Assists with the segmentation of pending requests from various work queues into the appropriate work flow based on request type and complexity.
- Begins to develop an intermediate knowledge, pertaining to a single card brand (i.e. Visa/MasterCard/Discover/Amex), and federal regulations governing credit card chargebacks and reversals through training, online research of regulations, and adhering to department processes and procedures.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Typically No Relevant Experience Required
- 0-2 years related work experience handling dispute resolutions throughout the association life cycle
- Attention to detail
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
- Skills / Knowledge - Acquires and applies job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete assigned routine tasks.
- Job Complexity - Works on assignments that are routine to semi-routine in nature, requiring limited decision outside of stated processes, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Has little or no role in the decision-making.
- Supervision - Normally receives detailed instructions and follows established procedures on all work, requires instructions on all assignments. Works under close supervision.
- Skills / Knowledge - Working knowledge of association and card industry regulations
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.