Please email resume to Email blocked - click to apply
Robert Half Technology's client is searching for a travelling consultant who will help represent their company. This is for a top-tier consulting firm. When you are not travelling, you will be in their downtown Dallas office. This is a full-time position.
Travel expectations: About 70% (About 4 days per week, but will also depend on the project)
• Willingness to travel around the globe to work with clients. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• 5+ years of experience working on large scale, full lifecycle data implementation projects
• BS/BA in data engineering, software engineering, data science, computer science, applied mathematics, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years professional development experience with some of the AWS/Azure/GCP data stack: S3, Redshift, AWS glue, EMR, Azure Data Warehouse, Azure Blob Store, Google Big Query
• A deep knowledge of SQL and understanding of relational database technology
• Hands-on RDBMS experience (data modeling, analysis, programming, stored procedures)
• Expertise in developing ETL/ELT workflows with one or more of the following: Python, Scala, or Java
• Deployment of data pipelines in the Cloud in at least AWS, Azure, or GCP
• A deep understanding of relational and warehousing database technology, working with at least one of the major databases platforms (Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres)
• Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Impala, Druid, or Presto
• A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design with fundamentally strong programming skills
• Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Intellectual curiosity and an ability to execute projects
• An understanding of “big picture” business requirements that drive architecture and design decisions
• DevOps and DataOps skills including “infrastructure as code” systems like CloudFormation or Terraform
• Data system performance tuning
• Implementation of predictive analytics and machine learning models (MLlib, scikit-learn, etc)
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at Phone number blocked - click to apply to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half URL blocked - click to apply.
Amazon Web Services
Extract Transform Load (Etl)
Relational Database Management Systems