Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and continuously improve software
- Manage 2 to 4 Software Engineering Teams. Each team consists of a Scrum Manager and 4 to 10 Software and Quality Engineers
- Accountable to review and provide team with defined Software strategy, standards, procedures, tools, and processes
- Works with the business to ensure that their needs are met with the most cost effective and simple solution option
- Provide management updates, status reporting, and dashboards from a software perspective to demonstrate product progress and process maturity
- Provide tracking of program progress, align to business and IT MBOs and execute with taking full accountability of the software development processes for assigned scrum teams and engagements
- Drive and ensure alignment with Engineering peers and tech leads during strategy, planning and delivery
- Mentor the engineering team to develop and perform as highly as possible
- Review implementation practices and code implemented by team to identify and address gaps
- Own the applications’ technology stack and drive modern solutions to complex problems
- Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity
- Lead and provide technical support to the delivery teams
- Ensure solution and delivery teams follows best practices and improve application performance
- Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- Contribute / lead in strategy discussions for modernization and feature enrichment
- Collaborate with leaders across partner-teams to drive cohesive and optimal solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written forms, and be able to present and demonstrate work to technical and non-technical stakeholders
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 4+ years of experience in Java
- 4+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful services
- 4+ years of Agile delivery experience
- 4+ years of experience in building microservices, Spring boot preferred
- 3+ years of experience in providing engineering leadership to small/medium size engineering teams
- 3+ years of experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- 2+ years of experience development/ maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- 2+ years of cloud experience
- Proficiency in creating test strategies, and developing test plans
- Experience working with the business stake holders to bring clarity in requirements
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Familiarity with DevOps engineering tools such as Jenkins, etc
- Experience working in an off-shore / on-shore model
- Prior experience leading a team of Software Engineers in a large organization
- Healthcare Industry with Facets experience
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment while maintaining adherence to standards and best practices
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Software, Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote