To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Venice, FL 34240
- Vaco - Tampa
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cyber Security Specialist- Direct hire- Sarasota/Remote
Vaco Technology • Venice, FL
Posted 1 month ago
Vaco is looking for a Cyber Security Specialist for our client in Sarasota. This role will become remote + travel eventually.
This individual will assist the Director of Cybersecurity by supporting the strategic technical leadership across multiple programs that seek to improve or innovate cybersecurity capability across all aspects of the business. Serve as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert relating to the company's cybersecurity program. Work closely with both IT and other departments in establishing and extending the cybersecurity program and procedures. Assist stakeholders with facilitation of strategic technology planning activities, documentation of strategies, innovation and security tool rationalization.
Perform reviews of the businesses cybersecurity activities to identify areas of improvements. Develop and conduct security technical testing of configurations settings and security processes. Apply complex technical and security solutions to business problems.
Augment the existing security practices and functions by working on identifying, detecting and remediating security related events.
Job Skills and Requirements:
- Proficient knowledge of NIST, PCI, SOX and other cybersecurity standards
- Must have broad technical knowledge of all common security domains
- Must have expertise in security development and solution engineering, security operations management, incident management, governance and solution delivery and life-cycle management
- Daily monitoring and reporting of incidents and attempts of breaches and security related events
- Must have strong technical communication skills (oral and written) with the demeanor to interface at all levels. This position works at all levels from security engineering to executive level briefings
- Experience with forensic tools and cyber-attack prevention technologies
- Bachelor's degree of equivalent work experience
- Process and procedure knowledge of governance, compliance, risk management and audit control systems and functions
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the appropriate level of judgment and maturity in all situations
- Ability to juggle and prioritize a high-volume workload while handling details accurately, in a timely manner, and under pressure, strong organizational skills
- Relevant cyber security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, GIAC are highly desired
- Requires 5+ years of experience in related field
- Travel up to 40%, ability to travel within the client geographic areas, within the US, Canada and Europe