To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Keystone Advisors LLC
- Phone: 708.769.4130
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Contract Specialist
Keystone Advisors • Chicago, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Keystone Advisors is an independent certified public accounting firm licensed in the State of Illinois.
Keystone provides Audit, Accounting, and Advisory Services in the areas of financial and administrative management, organizational and business improvement, program management support, budget support, financial analytical services and reconciliation, technology management and staff augmentation.
Keystone is looking for a Senior Contract Specialist to support one of our clients, a Non-For-Profit Health Care Provider in the Illinois Medical District. The organization is a teaching hospital that provides primary, specialty and tertiary healthcare services. The hospital has a staff of more than 300 attending physicians along with more than 400 medical residents and fellows.
The Senior Contract Specialist will prepare, interpret and manage contacts and services for a broad range of the hospital's requirements. Identify appropriate methodologies for contract including Group Purchasing Organization (GPO), Requests for Proposals (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ), Requests for Information (RFI) and other best practice procurement methodology. Ensure that all contracts adhere to federal, state and local mandates and that all analyses and reporting follow established Procurement Business Process.
- Prepares, drafts and negotiates complex contracts.
- Analyzes the price and cost for contracts; tracks and monitors contract changes, deliverables and performance to maximize benefit.
- Conducts market analysis to identify opportunities for improved pricing throughout the hospital; presents findings to the Director of Strategic Sourcing and/or Senior Leaders within the hospital.
- Leads the administration and negotiation of contract terms and conditions; ensure language is specific to the hospital, Joint Commission requirements, Cook County Ordinances and applicable federal guidelines.
- Enforces the standards set by Joint Commission of Contact Services, section LD.4.03.09 and LD.3.50 are met when preparing contracts for goods and services.
- Oversees contracted suppliers to ensure Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) compliance responsibilities are met over the course of the contract
- Identifies potential liabilities or unfavorable terms; recommends resolutions or amendments; follows Key Performance Indicators (KPI) set by the department and the hospital.
- Interprets, evaluates, assimilates and coordinates pertinent contractual details to correctly enter/represent the contract systemically.
- Develops RFPs, RFQs and RFls; reviews, modifies and approves specifications.
- Ensures that all contracts adhere to federal, state and local mandates and that all analyses and reporting follow established Procurement Business Process.
- Develops and prepares scope of work requirements for all procurement methodologies.
- Reviews, modifies and approves specifications and determines KPls with customer input
- Establishes and recommends processes to ensure timely renewal of contracts.
- Ensures volume rebates are met by the vendor, compliance with contract terms and initiates actions to terminate the contract if conditions or vendor performance are not met.
- Researches GPOs contracts and applicability with the ERP item master for contractible items.
- Serves as a key stakeholder in the System's decision regarding contact participation.
- Communicates with peers, customers and senior management while facilitating RFP and Contract Process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related concentration from an accredited college or university with Three (3) years of experience in contract and proposal negotiation and development OR Juris Doctor or Paralegal with One (1) year of experience in contract and proposal negotiation and development
- Prior experience in healthcare negotiating a wide range of contract for services, goods, medical equipment, etc.
- Prior experience identifying potential contract liability and renegotiating unfavorable terms.
- Master's degree in business or related concentration from an accredited college or university.
- Certified Materials and Resource Professional (CMRP).
- Formal customer service training experience.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Lawson, PeopleSoft, McKesson/HMOC, or similar ERP systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Working knowledge and intermediate proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (A test may be required to determine proficiency).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of staff and a patient population composed of diverse cultures and age groups.
- Strong program development, management, and leadership skills.
- Strong decision-making skills to determine RFP requirements, contract terms and recommend solutions.
- Strong customer service and empathy skills.
- Demonstrates good computer and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrate good phone and email etiquette skills with strong response times.
- Demonstrated analytical and organizational, problem-solving, critical thinking, and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Ability to interpret and comprehend complex contract conditions and identify potential liabilities and areas for improvement.
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize projects and tasks.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to adhere to department policies and standards utilizing best practices.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composure when challenged.
- Ability to function autonomously and as a team member.
- Ability to train by presenting concepts and demonstrating tasks.
- Ability to perform accurate and reliable mathematical equations and estimates.
- Ability to see and hear clearly (including with correction).
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and precision.