Employment Status: FT
The ClinicalNurse Educator (CNE) is a Registered Nurse with current licensure in the Stateof Louisiana, with a required BSN degree and certification in assigned area. The functions of the (CNE) are to provide nursingprofessional development and education services by assisting nurses inpreparing for contemporary practice and supporting them in acquiring theknowledge and skills so that they can competently; collect patient health data,analyze the data to determine diagnoses, identify expected outcomesindividualized to the patient, develop a plan of care that prescribesinterventions to attain the expected outcomes, implement the interventionsidentified in the plan of care, and evaluate the patient’s progress towardattainment of the outcomes in the assigned care settings.
The Clinical Nurse Educator collaborateswith LGMC employees and leadership team and assists staff in assigneddepartment with performance improvement, Evidenced Based and Research projectsspecific to the patient population of assigned department. Facilitate new hireand transfer employment schedules conducive to effective individualizedlearning needs. Establish and maintains a departmental educationaldocumentation system consistent with regulatory and hospital standards. The CNEis responsible for the education of licensed and unlicensed personnel in theirassigned department. These activities may require evening, night or weekendhours depending on the staff and department needs. Other duties may apply as deemed by AssistantChief Nursing Officer.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degreerequired
2. Minimum of 3 years ofnursing experience in assigned area
Certification in assigned area
3. BLS required, Instructor Certificaterequired or obtained within 12 months of accepting position.
4. ACLS required, Instructor Certificaterequired or obtained within 12 months of accepting position.
5. Other certifications asdeemed by Assistant Chief Nursing Officer.
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Medium Work asdefined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50pounds on occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
• May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, ormoving patients as well as walking about from patients’ rooms, as well as toand from various hospital areas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must comply with all SERVICE Standards of Behavior
Registered Nurse Certified