As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in the nation, MedExpress is seeking a full-time Telehealth Urgent Care Physician to join our team. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally.
- 100% work from home (no onsite)
- Hours of operation are 7a-11p, 365 days per year
- Providers work 12-hour shifts any time in between 7a-11p
- Full-time employment at 15 shifts per month, 2 weekends included
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Provider will deliver telehealth urgent care visits to patients of all ages.
- Responsibilities include:
- Provides and manages remote patient care, using audio and visual technology to complete patient examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment plans. Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively and compassionately through audio visual consultations with patients and able to address patient concerns through these medias.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care.
- Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions. Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Educate patients on the risks and benefits of treatments ensuring the patient is a part of the decision-making process.
- Supervision of advanced practice clinicians when appropriate and abide by all associated rules and regulations.
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community locally.
- Competitive pay
- DEA and licensure reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short- and long-term disability, company paid life insurance
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked per scheduling guidelines
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
Careers with MedExpress: At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. One of the many ways we do this is by creating access to health care through a leading telehealth solution. Optum Virtual Care is a digital clinic that provides a convenient, same-day alternative to local walk-in care. It also closely aligns with rapidly evolving consumer preferences and what many patients have come to expect from health care providers when seeking care overall. This offering is supported by a dedicated virtual medical group that this reinventing how care is provided using the latest technology to drive simplicity, convenience, coordination and affordability. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Board certification in family or emergency medicine with experience treating all ages.
- A minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience outside of residency in an emergency medicine, urgent care, family medicine or ambulatory care setting.
- Experience in pediatric care within the past 2 years required.
- An unrestricted DEA license (or ability to obtain prior to start).
- Ability to successfully qualify for and obtain unrestricted state licensure throughout the defined platform is required.
- Experience using audio/visual technology or video conferencing platforms.
- Unrestricted state licensure preferred in California
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Telehealth Urgent Care Physician - California (Telecommute).
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job keywords: telemedicine, telehealth, virtual care, telecare, urgent care, family medicine, primary care, telecommute, remote, work from home, Physician, Family Physician, Emergency Physician, OVCPHY