Cybersecurity Senior Manager position leading all day-to-day activities of contractor cybersecurity personnel supporting the Army National Guard (ARNG) in Falls Church, VA. This position is a direct report to the program manager and requires someone with a current and active Secret clearance.
This is a Cybersecurity and IT Service Management contract in support of the operation, protection, modernization, expansion, and further evolution of the ARNG's global Information Technology (IT) services including networking, compute, storage, infrastructure, applications, hosting, and program management services. The Guard Enterprise Cyber Operations Support (GECOS) program supports the ARNG enterprise IT infrastructure, its Wide Area Network (WAN), authentication and directory services, cybersecurity, application hosting, and associated services. The program ensures continued security of the network and proactive enhancement of cybersecurity to meet evolving and emerging threats in accordance with best practice and in accordance with Army, DISA, and DoD policies, initiatives, and directives. GECOS uses ITIL best practices framework as the basis for IT Service Management (ITSM) model.HOW THE CYBERSECURITY MANAGER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Lead and manage the resourcing and day-to-day activities of contractor cybersecurity personnel (team of > 50) to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected in support of the ARNG mission.
- Support cybersecurity activities across the ARNG as advisors and auditors; assist the ARNG cybersecurity workforce by providing the knowledge, training, tools, techniques, and procedures necessary to protect and defend information and information systems (ISs) to ensure their confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation while providing flexibility and quick response capability to address new and emerging requirements.
- Ensure the ARNG Security Operations Center (SOC) works effectively to monitor enterprise systems, defends against security breaches, and identifies, investigates, and mitigates cybersecurity threats.
- Effectively oversees monitoring and analysis support services including actively reviewing and assessing system and network logs, events, information, and data from various systems, components, and tools available in the SOC.
- Responsible for the development of effective Digital Media Analysis (DMA) support services involving forensic analyses on a variety of digital media devices and mediums to identify, reverse engineer, and de-obfuscate content related to an incident, such as malicious content.
- Allocation of cyber threat and detection support services by providing technical expertise in cyber adversary capabilities. The contractor shall provide assessments of the intentions of adversary groups to conduct Computer Network Exploitation (CNE) and Computer Network Attack (CNA) against U.S. private sector and Federal Government networks and ISs.
- Supervises vulnerability assessment support by providing on-site and remote vulnerability assessment capabilities.
- Ensure the SOC delivers effective insider threat identification support services including detecting, preventing, and responding to threats posed by malicious, negligent, or compromised insiders.
- Supervises support for correlating data feeds, which includes analyzing data feeds and logs to correlate data with known threats and incidents.
- Ensure the SOC effectively works with Government employees and agencies, internal branches, states, and customers to coordinate security operations, deliver or request assistance, or assist with investigations.
- Directs management, staffing, and operations of the ARNG Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) and Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) teams.
- Guides the team effectively supports compliance through performing security services in accordance with applicable DoD and Army cybersecurity guidance and regulations.
- Holistically support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements of the enterprise and ensure effective management of risks to ISs.
- Create, manage, and execute Information Systems Security (ISS) plans.
- Support the enterprise and the states and territories of the ARNG with Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) preparation and execution
- Education: Bachelors degree or 10+ years of relevant federal Cybersecurity management experience
- Required Experience:
- A minimum of five years of experience managing cybersecurity compliance for a DoD agency including securing IT systems and services using Government and industry cybersecurity standards, policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Five years of experience managing a SOC and leading a security operations staff with skills applicable to a project environment similar in size and scope to GECOS (large, global DoD Enterprise network with multiple enclaves).
- Five years of experience successfully managing information security risks including completing the entire Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process.
- Must possess appropriate certifications to achieve DoD IAM Level III at start date
- Ability to obtain ITIL 4 Foundation within 6 months of start date
- Customer approval: This is a contractual Key Personnel (KP) position that requires approval by the customer in accordance with very specific experience, qualifications, and certification requirements.
- Security Clearance Level: SECRET Clearance with ability to achieve TS / SCI
- Required Skills and Abilities: Superb technical, communication, personnel management, leadership, and customer management skills; strong ability to multi-task, delegate, empower employees, and supervise work to completion.
- Location: On Customer Site with up to 2 days telework option
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Five years of experience with Federal governance, risk, and compliance management.
- Possess an ITIL 4 Foundation or higher certification
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
#GECOS #GDITArmy #GDITpriority
Years of Experience
10 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or
CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional - (ISC)2
Less than 10%
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Customer Relationship Management
- Digital Media