You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Product Owner -Remote
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
At STERIS, we are making a difference for our Customers and Users every day. We don't just create software. We create business solutions that support STERIS products, services, and team members as they help reduce the threat of infection around the globe. We are the best at what we do. Our people make it so. Our teams are doing remarkable things together. Because at STERIS, we know that no matter what role you have, you can make an impact.
The Steris-IMS Global Services Business Systems team is a service provider in a Service Organization. We care about improving the lives of our customers by delivering a holistic and purpose-driver service partnership they can count on.
As a remote Digital Product Owner, you will be an entrepreneurial and innovative leader with a user-centric mindset and proven experience in driving the digital product development process. You will collaborate with 3rd party consultants, stakeholders, and executive management to translate business needs into an effective digital product strategy.
The Digital Product Owner is a member of an agile team. You will participate in the product strategy and delivery plan, prioritize product features and capabilities, and maintain a healthy product backlog (i.e., writing and accepting user stories). You will spend each day collaborating with stakeholders, users, and a deeply dedicated team as you create amazing products. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the team and facilitates cross functional collaboration.
The person in this role work remotely, but light travel may be required depending on product specific requirements. Additionally, we love to get together for our annual Business Systems Team event.
This role will work with users, developers, and other IT Staff to support many areas of the Software Development Lifecycle including requirements gathering, business process documentation, system functional design, system technical design, quality assurance, support, and implementation. This role requires working knowledge in agile methodologies, system design methodologies, technical writing, enterprise software products, web applications, desktop applications and database systems. You will take the lead on a few projects with minimal complexity and will assist with multiple projects of greater complexity.
This position reports to Manager, IT Delivery Solutions, IMS Device Repair.
This role is
45% Business Partnership/Engagement
45% Technical Partnership/Engagement and
10% Production Support
- Oversee aspects of solutions delivery, from inception through adoption, ensuring business goals are met within given constraints.
- Influence product conversations to build consensus among a wide range of business partners, stakeholders, and consultants through research, planning, and design sessions.
- Communicate routinely with business stakeholders and leadership to ensure a shared understanding of progress is achieved. Be transparent about what is complete, what is incomplete, what risks should be escalated, and the impact on the delivery plan.
- Influence outcomes across multiple stakeholders, business processes, and technical solutions. Participate in design reviews for the entire system(s) (e.g., database, UI/UX) to help mitigate risks and plan for future growth and scalability.
- Champion the '4Cs of our agile culture' by fostering Collaboration, Continuous Improvement, Change Management, and Clarity while engaging team members, stakeholders, leadership, and end users. Work cross-functionally with team members in ongoing agile events such as Sprint Planning, Refinement, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Support users by debugging issues, prioritizing defects, communicating escalated issues throughout the organization, and managing to a successful resolution. This includes creating training materials and documentation.
Research & Analysis
• Utilize research methodologies to define business objectives. (Ie. story mapping, questionnaires, surveys, interviews, observation, working sessions, walkthroughs)
• Support bold ideas with data and analytics.
• Conceptualize solutions to ambiguous problems with many constraints and interdependencies.
• Communicate complex concepts with clarity across a broad audience using strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills. (ie. Process maps, mockups, workflows)
• Influence outcomes by expanding your circle of influence to drive impactful change.
Agile Project Management
• Deep understanding of agile principles.
• Strong organizational skills to maintain documentation, team backlog and delivery plans.
• Ability to say "No" to requests that distract the team from strategic initiatives.
• Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions to problem solve, ask probing questions and looking for underlying issues.
• Experienced facilitator that has led teams in breaking down complex problems into smaller, iterative deliverables.
• See the bigger picture while also being able to have a good understanding of the details.
• Be a transformational change agent by having a strong internal drive to succeed.
• Adapt and learn with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Listen with empathy to establish a deep connection with users to better understand their needs.
• Foster collaboration across stakeholders and departments and align them around the vision, to unlock the innate collective power of cross-functional teams.
• Experience utilizing SQL queries for the purpose of analysis, testing, and troubleshooting.
• Understanding of software quality assurance principles and activities.
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence, Reporting, and related tools.
• Experience in using modern applications for wire framing, mockups, and process maps.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 years of experience in an Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- 4 years of experience capturing business needs in User Stories
- 4 years of experience creating functional designs
- 2 years of experience writing SQL to query data
- 2 years of experience facilitating meetings
- Typical remote /home office setting
- Domestic travel required 0-25% of time
What we offer
The opportunity to join a company that will invest in you for the long-term. STERIS couldn't be where it is today without our incredible people. That's why we share in our success together by rewarding you for your hard work. Hiring people who are in it for the long run with STERIS is our ultimate goal. We do this by providing competitive salaries, healthcare benefits, tuition assistance, paid-time off, holidays, matching 401(k), annual merit, and incentive plans. Join us and help write our next chapter. #LI-SA2 #ZRSA-1
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
Req ID: 34953
Job Category: Service/Technical Services
- Electronic Medical Record
- Diseases And Disorders
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g7o5bqz
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.