What You Will Do:
The purpose of the Performance Improvement/Risk Coordinator is to assist the V.P. for Quality and Risk Management in the ongoing measurement and assessment activities of the department. The function of this position includes:What You Need to Be Successful:
1) Conducting ongoing review of the patient care practices and functions to identify opportunities for improvement.
2) Conducting ongoing reviews of the medical record to monitor the established indicators for important functions identified by the QI/Risk Department to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies standards.
3) Providing a support to the administration and the medical staff, by collecting data on required medical staff measurement and assessment activities. Specifically, the incumbent will function as a clinical expert, clinical resource, consultant, educator, researcher, and special projects coordinator and in compliance with the mission, vision, policies and procedures of the QI/Risk Department and standards of regulatory agencies such as JCAHO, DCRA, NCQA and HCFA.
4) Assistance in the investigation of sentinel and non-sentinel events;
5) Identification of process improvement opportunities to avoid occurrences, reduce reoccurrence, and create / enhance a safe patient environment;
6) Development of educational materials to support the creation / enhancement of a safe patient environment and delivery of quality care;
7) Coordination of implementation and monitoring of corrective actions in process
Minimum: Bachelor of Science degree in health care field, RN, and MSN preferred.
Three years clinical risk management experience in an acute care or other healthcare setting. Demonstrated
computer, word processing, and database skills utilizing Word / WordPerfect, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must
have advanced word processing skills and be proficient with functions such as tables, columns, data
manipulation, management and presentation. Must have proven critical thinking skills and ability to:
a) Analyze complex problems and develop effective solutions;
b) Handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
c) Work effectively with various audiences;
d) Effectively communicate orally and in writing;
e) Work independently; and f) maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
f) Experience with Six-Sigma and Lean Thinking Applications is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.