Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
Position Title: Team Coordinator
“I am inspired by knowing that I am part of a team that makes a difference for a patients and family members.”
-Deborah, Team Coordinator
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. As a Team Coordinator, you work in the middle of all the action that happens at the office while supporting the entire Inter-disciplinary Team and coordinating the clinical efforts for our patients. Our Team Coordinators are the organization hub for the office and clinical team. We support families during the end-of-life process and even after our patients die. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice Team Coordinator to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
The Team Coordinator is responsible for the patient charts, including establishing and creating the chart at admission and maintaining documentation until the patient is discharged and the chart is closed. As the Team Coordinator, you will facilitate the flow of patient information to all members of the Inter-Disciplinary Team (IDT) in a timely manner.
- Record the referral intake data and newly-admitted patient information
- Verify accuracy, legibility, and inclusion of all required time logs
- File documents accurately in corresponding patient chart and thin charts as necessary
- Ensure proper documentation of changes in the level of care
- Collect and assemble re-certification and de-certification paperwork, and notify appropriate providers of a patient’s discharge
- Coordinate all communication with the members of the Inter-disciplinary Team
- Assist with IDT activities, including agendas and updated plans of care
- Strong organizational skills required
- Effective communication skills over the phone and in person with families, patients, physicians, nurses and other healthcare personnel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends
- Ability to maintain and protect confidentiality of information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree with two to three years related experience in healthcare and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.