When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company, serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from 1,400 distribution points across the United States.
re you looking for an exciting career with a nationally known company and industry leader? AmeriGas Propane, the largest distributor of propane in the United States, is searching for an energetic and business oriented person to join us as an Operations Manager.
At AmeriGas, our employees are the keys to our success and we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package, in addition to excellent starting pay:
- Exceptional medical, dental and prescription benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Ability to manage your own schedule
- Generous bonus potential
- Generous paid time off (including holidays)
- Company vehicle
- Company laptop and cell phone
- Annual performance reviews and salary increases
- Propane discounts
- Career advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
The Operations Manager supervises the day-to-day activities and performance of district staff. Under direction of the District Manager, the Operations Manager ensures that employees are assigned to perform work in keeping with their position as required. The Operations Manager has the authority to hire and fire district staff provided that he/she follows guidelines for situations requiring the review of the AD, DM and Region HR Manager where appropriate. The Operations Manager trains the district’s employees or schedules training performed by others for district employees. The Operations Manager is also a part of each district employee’s performance appraisals and engages in employee discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate a team to achieve business goals
- Ability to create and successfully execute business plans
- Ability to write, read, analyze, and interpret general business, financial and technical information
- Demonstrate leadership, communication, coaching and development skills
Education & Experience Required:
- High school diploma required, college degree preferred
- Two or more years’ experience in a supervisory role; propane industry preferred
- Computer skills and Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Performance Management