To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Des Moines Iowa, IA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cloud Security Architect (AWS)
Apex Systems • Des Moines Iowa, IA
Posted 6 days ago
Cloud Security Architect (AWS)
Des Moines, IA
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, has a Cloud Security Architect (AWS) open to lead information security design efforts for highly integrated/complex application, cloud and system platforms through system performance/availability and ensuring solutions developed adhere and align to the architecture standards. Technical skills include: AWS, SQL, NoSQL, CASB, Cloud security. Preferred skills include: Bachelor’s Degree.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree or direct applicable work experience. If interested, send a resume to Chris Joliet, one of our account managers in Des Moines, via [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Overview of position:
- You will serve as a subject matter expert and resource for development and project teams in the execution of security design deliverables.
- You will work cross-functionally with business and Platform Engineer, Solution Architects and other Technology stakeholders in technical planning and security system delivery.
- You will also consult and provide input on security process improvements.
- Provides guidance for IT policies, procedures, tools, security and infrastructure.
- At a time when technology is creating new business models, disrupting industries and creating valuable experiences for consumers, our role as technology team members must elevate an organization through innovative transformation, modernized technology and delivery of new business strategies, including an aim to continuously evolve and enhance the customer experience.
- Adept at viewing situations from the stakeholder s perspective to better address their needs and expectations.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, business processes, work requirements, or cultures.
- Provides guidance and feedback to help an employee or groups of employees strengthen their knowledge and skills to accomplish a task or solve a problem, which in turn should improve job performance.
- Bachelor's Degree or direct and applicable work experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience to include the following:
- Security application experience including program controls, processes, security tools such as encryption at rest, encryption in transit, etc.
- Minimum 4 years of AWS cloud security architecture experience, including: system integration, application development and system analysis
- Solid understanding of network protocols and enterprise network architecture and the ability to research, architect and drive complete technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies
- Experience securing workloads
- Experience migrating to the public cloud (AWS, Microsoft, Google)
- Experience managing cloud access security brokers (CASB), including single sign on, authorization, encryption, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
- Experience understanding stakeholder issues, providing clear and concise communication and counseling to stakeholders.
- Proven ability to influence others by using appropriate skills to guide individuals or groups to accomplish work, reach consensus or take action.
- Experience using strong business knowledge and perspective, synthesize complex information and develop theories to arrive at logical recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178