The General Manager will oversee operations and tasks performed at respective office to ensure all facets run smoothly and at a profit, make necessary decisions for the office in order to ensure compliance with company and government regulations, and direct the workflow of drivers, packers, and helpers as needed, ensuring a positive experience for the customer through training and a positive work environment for employees
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Review financial statements to determine where improvements need to be made
- Meet with associates on a regular basis to communicate expectations and scheduling
- Assign work to subordinates in a manner that is conducive for the office to run at a profitable and efficient manner as well as follow up on assigned tasks
- Intervene as necessary in all facets of the office
- Determine ways to advertise and get leads on potential moves
- Authorize invoices for payment and transmit invoices to corporate office
- Make any personnel decisions as necessary including hiring or recruitment, terminations, evaluations, and disciplinary reports
- Report any significant issues to the Regional Vice President for further action as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of company systems
- Knowledge of residential, commercial, and military move process
- Ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently
- Ability to take charge frequently
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree
- Required: Previous managerial experience
- Required: Previous experience in logistics and transportation
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!
- Mostly indoors, working outdoors is sometimes required
- Lifting in excess of 20 lbs is sometimes required
- Lifting in excess of 50 lbs is rarely required
- Saturday work during summer busy season is required and may be occasionally required during non-peak season depending on business needs.
Customer Relationship Management
Provide Actionable Feedback
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: R3399
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In 1914, J.M. Coleman founded the company in Hutchinson, KS under the name Merchants Transfer and Storage. He began with four dray wagons, eight horses and a desire for success. Success, then as now, meant service, as our early advertisements attested: "Courteous men at your service night and day." Over the past century, our company has undergone many changes that have forged our company into a strong and dependable force in the moving and storage industry. Today we have over 50 company owned offices in 17 states and one U.S. territory, and more than 400 agents throughout the world. Covan operates over 200 interstate operating units with another 600 units utilized for local and short haul activity. In 1914, this company was family-owned and built on excellent service, dependability and trust. Today, Covan is a family-owned corporation that is driven by providing the same level of service, dependability and trust in which it was founded over a century ago
View the full profile