Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Perform all phases of software engineering including requirements analysis, application design, code development and testing
- Design and implement product features including reusable components, frameworks and libraries in collaboration with business and IT stakeholders
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Participate in an Agile/Scrum methodology to deliver high-quality software
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software applications
- 4+ years Java/J2EE software development experience with Spring framework
- Hands-on experience with APIs, Micro services and Service Oriented Architecture
- Solid understanding of Agile methodologies and DevOps concepts
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
- Experience with REST services
- Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Groupapproved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience with XML/JSON
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following platforms and tools such as Kubernetes, Openshift, Azure, Docker etc
- Experience in the health care industry
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of healthrelated information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr Software Engineer, Software Engineering, Software Engineer, Software Applications, Java/J2EE, Spring, APIs, Micro services, Service Oriented Architecture, Agile, DevOps, Jenkins, CI/CD, REST, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Basking Ridge, NJ, New Jersey, Cypress, CA, California