$7500 sign on bonus!
The ProMedica Nurse Residency Program is the leading nurse residency program in the area. It will bridge the gap between nursing school and independent nursing. You will gain confidence as you work your way through the preceptor-relationship driven program that includes guided learning, focus on critical thinking skills, patient safety, quality care, evidence-based practice, teamwork and more. Continued support is provided through the first year of practice. We are there to support you 100%! We want you to succeed and we are here to help you do it.
The ProMedica Nurse Residency Program is available to newly graduated nurses with less than 1 year acute care experience.
Residency is offered at all of the ProMedica Hospitals.
Departments and hospital locations are subject to change and depend on availability of current openings. The openings will be discussed during your phone interview.
The Residency Program timeline is 10-24 weeks depending on your progress and the acuity of the area you are hired into. After the residency is completed, there is an 18 month commitment to your position in the Unit of hire.
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurances. Tuition Assistance, Tuition Forgiveness, and 401K plans as well as a competitive hourly wage.
You will need to be fully (NCLEX passed) licensed in the state where you are hired, before starting the program.
If you meet the requirements for the Residency, you will receive a phone screen invite. This is to set up your phone interview. This interview will take less than 30 minutes.
Your opportunities are endless with ProMedica! Come start your career with us! Learn from the best, be the best!
Please check out the video, Nursing at ProMedica: Click Here
- Must be an RN graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Must obtain Full RN License in the state that you are working to start the Residency program.
Monthly start dates
- BSN preferred.
- Ability to process information quickly in an intense, compressed program.
- Must be willing to make an 18 month position commitment, post orientation
- Must be able to tolerate exposure to dust, fumes, chemicals, temperature changes, and exposure to blood borne pathogens and bodily fluids.
- Must be able to attain all health requirements as identified by the organization (i.e., PPD, respirator training, vaccines, as appropriate).
- Must be able to move about hospital and between workstations; and prolonged periods of standing.
- Must be able to frequently move, lift or carry light to heavy patients or equipment.
- Must be able to lift medium materials, non-material handling; continuous standing, walking, bending, stooping and reaching; frequent pushing, pulling and squatting.
- Occasional sitting, stairs and kneeling.
Deadline for Licensing is 4 months from graduation
With the high concentration of learning involved with the RN Residency Program, taking time off during the first 90 day is strongly discouraged and in most cases time off will not be granted. Missing clinical time in the residency will delay assimilation and competency achievement.
A new employee may submit requests for accrued earned time off and/or sick time begin using his or her accrued ETO and sick time after completing 90 calendar days of employment. ETO is scheduled based upon departmental staffing needs and must be requested and approved by the immediate supervisor in advance, according to departmental policy and practice
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. For more information, please visit
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, citizenship, familial or marital status, genetics, or any other legally protected category. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendment Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a job with ProMedica, please contact [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to RN / Registered Nurse Residency Program - Trauma - Toledo Hospital - Fall 2022 - $7500 sign on bonus -Full Time - Nights
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
- Health Care
- Health Administration
- Health Facilities
- Basic Life Support