Do you want to earn a completive pay rate, have consistent hours, full benefits, and be provided with opportunities for career advancement?
Do you follow new Auto technology, have Auto parts knowledge, and have great customer service and sales experience?
If so, discover the automotive career opportunities near you @ PepBoys.com!
As a Sales and Commercial Associate, you are responsible for providing superior customer service and assist in driving sales across the commercial, retail, and hard parts business. Provide essential task support by partnering with management to execute visual presentation standards, provide phone and in-person support to commercial customers, maximize inventory, and proactively engage customers on the sales floor and at the register. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction of Management, assist with store merchandising activities, maintain standards of appearance, and coordinate and cooperate with associates in the execution of plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management, reverse logistics process, pricing, signage and various product initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize inventory turns.
- Promptly answers all incoming customer calls on the Commercial phone line; professionally address and direct customer needs. Engage any and all customers as needed, whether on the commercial phone line or on the retail sales floor, and is fully trained on all register procedures.
- Under the direction of Management, participates in "truck-day" operations, cycle counts, audits, and organization of the back room.
- Under the direction of management, executes promotions, sales tactics, spiffs and sales incentives.
- Handle all customer transactions; including all sales, returns, and defectives. Reconcile their transaction history and drawer at the conclusion of each shift.
- Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards, reduction in "outside" parts purchases through secondary vendors, and proper ordering and returning of "special order" merchandise.
- Acts as a Commercial Driver as needed.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies. Work with the management team to react to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities.
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management, and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Related experience in the automotive service environment is also preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Operate Cash Register
Resolve Customer Issue