Boiler Room Operator AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits Available Day One
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
- Providing faith-based, whole person care to Kansas City since 1962
- Excellent health benefits, an onsite childcare center and fitness facility
- Tuition reimbursement to support continuing education
- Employee Referral Program
- Largest health care provider in Johnson County with three campuses
Full Time Days
Monday – Friday
40/hrs a week
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Keeps all energy center equipment and operations equipment clean and in operating condition.
- Operates and maintains all hospital equipment and tools for maximum efficiency, performance and longevity.
- Checks boiler safety shut down equipment.
- Keeps accurate records on all equipment functions.
- Contributes weekly to PM work. PM schedules consistently met.
- Work order documentation maintained accurately, concise and within 48 hours of work performed.
- Performs routine maintenance of boiler room and incinerator equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Understands functions and knows how to use all controls and safety devices in the operation of the energy center equipment
- Assists evening and shift personnel as required to maintain hospital operations.
- May be required to serve as backup for shift calls on floors, including tube system, etc.
- Is available on sight during shift duty for emergency response.
- Operates high pressure boilers including: start, stop, change fuel sources, log meter readings, disassembles, cleans and repairs boilers.
- Tests water samples from boiler, chillers, closed loop systems, water softeners, condensate and cooling towers. Interprets test results and treats with chemical or adjusts chemical feed rates correctly and performs blowdown on systems as scheduled.
Checks fuel oil tank levels and fires boilers on fuel oil
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 to 5 Years of Position-Related Experience
- Driver’s License
- Operating Engineering Boiler Certification preferred
The Boiler Room Operator maintains and operates all equipment in the boiler room, including boilers, generators, chillers, cooling towers, feedwater system, air compressors, water heaters, heat exchangers, water softeners and pumps. The boiler operator operates and maintains the incinerator and keeps operating logs on the boilers, chillers, generators, water softeners, and the fuel system. Also keeps a daily log of activities and calls during the shift, water treatment test results and other data. Maintains and repairs equipment outside of boiler room including steam piping, valves, pressure reducing valves, steam traps, heat exchangers condensate pump systems and cooling towers. Maintains all safety standards in regard to work activities. Communicates with manager and team regarding progress of work and activities continuously. Assists in maintaining team work schedule. Maintains understanding of JCAHO, KDHE, OSHA, IAQ and EPA regulations and provides support in meeting the requirements. Will work a combination, alternating, or as needed work schedule. Participates in Quality Improvement Program.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Medical Emergency
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Quality Management
- Steam Trap
- Team Working
- Valves (Piping)