Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a member of the Operations Service Architecture team, you are responsible for supporting the introduction on new products and complex services into the Intelsat product portfolio. You will be the lead Network Operations representative bringing together Network Operations teams to define operational requirements and develop new product operating support models. You will collaborate across the organization and be a champion for new service support models, leading the way in allowing Intelsat to enter new segments. You will use your organizational, technical communication and process skills to define operational models that align to product requirements and are consistent with system architecture.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Lead and coordinate Operational Readiness for the introduction of new products and services including operator training programs, tooling requirements, and Operations Support Systems (OSS) requirements.
- Represent Network Operations as member of new product introduction process.
- Use your abstract thinking skills to synthesize new product ideation information to lead the Operations team through designing service operations support models and the customer operations experience.
- Interact with wide range of internal organizations to ensure coordination, including specific engagement with the Program Management, Product/Solutions Development, Network Engineering, Network Operations Center teams, vendors, and customers.
- Develop operational readiness plans, which lead to development of operations support plans, processes and procedures.
- Build up and maintain the Operational Readiness framework with associated templates and checklists. Propose improvements as needed.
- Build and maintain Network Operations staffing and operational cost models for each new product or complex service in the program. Conduct regular management update meetings.
Can you drive these processes?
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work — Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work for the team.
- Facilitate the hand-off of new products and services to Operations.
- Elicit product and services requirements and lead Operations into translating them into a support plan.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or a related field with 12 or more years of experience
- Must have experience with service operations in the telecommunications or some technological industry.
- Must have process design experience.
- Must have proven experience working in a project-based environment for the deployment of large, complex projects.
- Must have excellent critical thinking and analytical skills, with highly developed communication skills and the ability to turn analysis and insight into well-documented recommendations and plans.
- The ability to identify possible problems or stumbling blocks.
- Must be able to convey complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- Communication: Balancing listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed
- Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Social Perceptiveness — Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine pieces of information to form conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
It would be nice if you had:
- A Master’s degree in business, Information Management or a related field
- Experience as a service manager in the telecommunications, satellite, or IT operations fields.
- Ability to influence organizational direction and departmental initiatives at the peer and manager level.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite including MS Project and especially using Visio to diagram processes and services.
- Knowledge of diverse satellite telecommunications products and services preferred, including video systems, network broadband systems, and platforms such as iDirect, Gilat, Comtech, and Newtec hubs.
- Ability to speak additional languages
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world’s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat’s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Public Key Infrastructure