$100000.00 to $120000.00 yearly
Are you a practical Accounting Manager with a knack for establishing and regulating an organization's accounting and finance procedures? If you want to feel appreciated in your day-to-day work and be rewarded for your efforts, this job is a good fit for you. Candidates who can take charge of daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties, will be preferred for this Accounting Manager position with a burgeoning, innovative High Tech - Pharm/Biotech company. This Accounting Manager position is a terrific opportunity for full-time employment that is located in the Rockville, Maryland area. Apply today with Robert Half Finance!
What you get to do every day
- Lead and encourage the full accounting team performance during the closing process to ensure deadlines are met
- Possess a thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Assemble various technical accounting policies, procedures, and analyses
- Assist in preparing GAAP financial statements through data analysis, document preparation, integrity validation, and reconciliation processes
- Work alongside FP&A and accounting management to deliver relevant and timely reporting of financial data analytics like the monthly flash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook
- Periodically review and inspect the balance sheets and income statement accounts of Senior Accountants
The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of either straight public accounting (with for profit clients) or public/private mix, CPA, large ERP system experience and willing to be hands on. Please note this is a permanent job for a 2 year fixed term with excellent benefits. To apply directly to this job please email your resume in confidence in a Word document to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Manager/Supervisor
- Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems is valuable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
- 7+ years of recent relevant financial experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Proven technical skills
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Account reconciliation experience highly desired
- Auditing experience
- Adeptness in financial statement preparation
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP
- CPA experience required
- Foundational knowledge in Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
- Deep understanding of month end closings
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at
or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
By clicking 'Apply Now' you are agreeing to Robert Half [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Accounting Manager/Supervisor.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles