The Revenue Accountant will report to the Accounts Receivable & Revenue Supervisor and will be part of the Revenue Accounting Team within the Corporate Finance Department.
Success in this position will require the ability to independently develop expertise in new areas (often the result of business growth) and then implement processes and/or procedures to satisfy those business needs. Revenue Accountant positions at PCG are designed to provide a wide range of experience for individuals. PCG Finance strives for a collaborative work environment where individuals bring different experiences which can help the entire team learn and grow.
This position will include diverse responsibilities including review of customer contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with ASC 606, preparation of account reconciliations, accounts receivable and allowance for doubtful accounts, monthly accruals and general journals, and special projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to work independently and is a person who enjoys new challenges. The successful candidate will possess the ability and desire to grow and assume additional responsibilities as the company grows.
• Ensure revenue recognition is consistent with U.S. GAAP (ASC 606), PCG’s policies, and client contracts
• Assist with automating business processes and implementing new tools as needed to manage revenue transactions
• Assist management by preparing weekly and monthly revenue reports
• Process A/R receipts, research and reconcile unposted payments in a timely manner
• Process invoices into accounting software accurately and efficiently
• Prepare revenue, deferred revenue and other revenue related journal entries
• Provide general ledger and reporting assistance to finance staff of subsidiary companies
• Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures and recommend accounting process improvements
• Effective ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams
• Must have the ability to manage task load with frequent interruptions
• Maintain integrity and attention to detail at all times
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Systems knowledge and thinking with a continuous desire to learn
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel
• Possess discretion to work with confidential information
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
• 2-4 years of accounting or finance experience
• Prior experience with revenue recognition principles (ASC 606)
• Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics or a similar accounting software
• Experience working with SQL or similar software
• Large company or public accounting experience
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Attention To Detail