S&C is the specialist in high-voltage switching, protection and control, providing products for the electric power industry since 1911. Among those products are a line of distribution and transmission level voltage controller products to automate Electrical Utilities distribution systems. Controller products include microprocessor-based controls used in power distribution automation applications, including capacitor controls, source transfer controls, electronics fuses, switchgear controls, as well as patented peer-to-peer feeder restoration systems. In this position, you will report to the Sr. Manager – Product Engineering. This position will be based at S&C’s Chicago, Illinois location.
The job of the Project Engineer will be to develop, maintain and enhance new and existing control products for use with our switching and interrupting products.
The work associated with this job includes, but is not limited to:
- Developing electronic products for Smart Grid solutions, including analog and unique power supply designs
- Conception to implementation of analog and power electronics systems that include implementation of many analog functions including amplifiers and power supply regulator circuits, low power circuits are included
- Experience with circuit board layout on analog and mixed signal boards
- Responsible for transition, new production build and modification of electronic products to manufacturing
- Perform calibration and test functions; be able to troubleshoot yield issues for new batches at the board level, chip level, and signal level, and provide reports to design engineers and manufacturing
- Perform and documents product compliance results; may require local, single day travel to outside test facilities, and documentation archiving of test reports
- Must be able to work in cross-functional, remote, and multi-cultural teams
- Able to work quickly and decisively under close deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and spoken, to clearly present ideas in a variety of forums
- Must be collaborative and able to seek help, ask questions, and work with diverse team members to accomplish complex technical assignments
- Basic knowledge in the use of computer applications for design and analysis and circuit board layout tools
Relevant Experience Required: Minimum 5 years of experience with electronic circuit design and simulations
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Standing Occasional, during testing, sample preparation or process observation.
Lifting Occasional light lifting, infrequent lifting up to 50 lbs. for mock-up or test sample preparation.
Walking Routine walking.
Carrying Occasional carrying of light objects for short distances.
Pushing Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
Pulling Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work
Bending Occasional bending during mock-up assembly or test sample preparation.
Reaching Infrequent reaching.
Handling Frequent handling of parts or tools during mock-up assembly or test sample preparation.
Other Frequent use of computer workstation monitor, keyboard, and mouse.
S&C is a global company providing equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. S&C’s Engineering teams design solutions for a portfolio of products for a wide range of customers including electric utilities and industrial/commercial power users. S&C offers broad opportunities for advancement, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and a strong package of pay and benefits.
The Human Energy of S&C has been built on the principles of integrity, enthusiasm, and sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C would not be where it is today without the diversity of our team members and business partners. We consider our diversity to be a core strength of our company, and we aspire to align our team-member demographics with the populations in which we live and work. To realize this vision, we seek to facilitate the career development of minorities, women and all team members through events hosted by our Inclusion, Diversity, Engagement and Awareness (I.D.E.A.) Group, Women’s Empowerment Group and other S&C affinity groups.
S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
- Computer Keyboards
- Diversity Awareness
- Electric Power Distribution