We currently have immediate openings for Extrusion Operators in the Parkersburg and St Mary's, WV area.
As an Extruder Operator you will be responsible for operating plastic extrusion machines which convert PVC powder into a variety of shapes and sizes of profiles used in the manufacture of various building related products.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following.
- Shrink Wrap material and stack the foam and vinyl
- Attention to Detail: produces work that is accurate and does not require any changes.
- Set up dies, extrusion machines and auxiliary equipment
- Observe machine operation to detect profile defects or machine malfunction and readjust operating conditions
- Conduct quality checks by measuring product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation by using calipers
- Move finished profiles and prepare racks of product for shipment
- Fill hopper, and perform minor machine maintenance such as lubrication and cleaning
Knowledge and Skill needed:
Ability to use a tape measure accurately and do basic math skills
Ability to convert fractions to decimals.
Ability to read written instructions, and common statistical data.
Comfortable with operating machinery.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
Ability to stand for up to 12 hours per day.
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and climb.
Ability to handle and manipulate tools and/or controls.
These positions work on a rotating 12 hour shift. Pay for days is $11.10 an hour and pay for nights is $12.35 an hour. A $500.00 retention bonus will be paid after 9 months on the job!!
For more information on these positions, please contact our office at 304.422.0288 or apply online at www.adeccousa.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled