Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) is one of the nation's largest and most respected health care management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 72,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase health care properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion.
Arbour Hospital, a 124 bed (112 Adult/12 Adolescent) private psychiatric facility located in Boston’s Jamaica Plain neighborhood; the hospital also manages an 18 bed satellite adult psychiatric unit in Quincy. Arbour Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and licensed by the MA Department of Mental Health.
Arbour Hospital is seeking dynamic and talented Registered Nurses. Registered Nurses at the Arbour Hospital are part of a valuable team that helps manage safety, infection control, and general patient care. Nurses are responsible for nursing tasks in accordance with the established standards of nursing practice in order to ensure quality of nursing care. The Nurse consistently identifies patient and family educational needs, develops effective teaching methods, evaluates the effectiveness of the interventions and monitors and evaluates the effects of patient medication.
Positions available are: • Full time (32 hours per week) • Part-time (24/16/8 hours per week): • Day/Evening Rotation, every other weekend requirement (Saturday & Sunday) Hours: Day (7:00am - 3:30pm)/Evening (3:00pm - 11:30pm) • Nights, every other weekend requirement (Saturday & Sunday) Hours: 11:00pm-7:30am
Key Responsibilities include:
- Completes initial nursing assessment
- Completes the initial treatment plan
- Consistently follows Nursing Services Policy and Procedures when transcribing, administering and documenting medications and treatments as evidenced by result of auditing charts by Unit Nurse Manager
- Utilizes appropriate resources and opportunities to meet identified learning needs, including Basic Life Support, mandatory in-services and clinical supervision
- Provides general and specific direction to MHAs of the treatment team
- Implements changes to nursing policies and procedures
- Supports patient and staff safety by following hospital Nursing Services and IPSP safety Policies and Procedures consistently
- Collaborates in the development and maintenance of a therapeutic environment
- Floats when needed to other units based on Hospital needs
This opportunity provides the following:
Arbour Hospital is a challenging and rewarding work environment
Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
Tuition Reimbursement Program
Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
401k plan with company match
Paid Time Off
- Associate degree in Nursing is required; Diploma acceptable.BSN is preferred
- Demonstrates ability to function as interdisciplinary team member with good communication skills.
Inhibitory Postsynaptic Potential
Basic Life Support