- Monday- Friday position (hours approx. 12am-9am)
- 20 days of PTO within 1 year of employment
- Overtime after 8 hours a day
- Home Everyday
Starting Rate $23.00/hour
- $1.00 Differential for night shifts
- Competitive Benefits
- Performs pre-trip inspection of vehicles, trailers, and cargo to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order, and to ensure that cargo is undamaged and all load-related documentation is complete and accurate. Delivers product from the Distribution Center to the customers’ location, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in the area.
- Driver will sometimes assist in light loading or unloading. This is very rare as most trucks are pre-loaded.
- Performs all job responsibilities in adherence with established Company driving policies and procedures. Remains compliant with Company, state and federal testing and licensing requirements, submitting proof as requested.
- Reports vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicles as required per Company policies and procedures. Understands and demonstrates Essendant's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- CDL license required - Class A.
- Ability to adhere to established safe driving guidelines.
- Ability to use equipment such as forklift and pallet jack to load trucks.
- Ability to perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
Comprehensive Benefits Package
- At Essendant, we offer our employees a wide-range of Medical and Dental options, as well as Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts. Work/life balance is encouraged and we support that with Paid Vacations/PTO and Paid Holidays. We promote growth by assisting with Tuition Reimbursement. Our employees’ futures are important to us; therefore, we offer a 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, AD&D and more.
We offer an exciting and challenging environment that encourages independent thinking, problem solving, and growth. We believe in giving back to our communities as well as others in need. We embrace diversity and believe our employees create a sustainable competitive advantage. We adhere to the high standards of Our Guiding Actions and Our Values.
- 2 year(s): Box truck/tractor trailer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)