Vaco Staffing has partnered with a company located in Chicago to fill a Property Manager role.
This is a full time / direct hire opportunity responsible for managing a property up to 100 units.
The Property Manager is fully accountable for all property operations. The Property Manager is to manage and coordinate persons, activities and available resources in order to accomplish property objectives as set forth by their Manager and company owner.
These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and property values and will train the Assistant Property Manager to assume all duties of the Property Manager in the event of the Property Manager's absence. The Property Manager will assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year, and is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
* Reads and understands financial data concerning the property and prepares variance reports.
* Ensures that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner.
* Makes sure that all bank deposits are made daily and deposits are keyed into Yardi daily.
* Performs evictions and utility cut-offs as required on delinquent rents.
* Provides vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
* Approves and submits all invoices to corporate office for payment.
* Controls and safeguards petty cash fund, regularly balances the fund and submits timely reimbursement requests.
* Personally controls and safeguards company issued credit cards and regularly submits receipts to corporate offices for account reconciliation.
* Hires, trains, motivates, supervises, and discharges (with assistance from Regional Manager, and Human Resources and Payroll) all on-site staff in order to achieve operational goals of assigned property. Follows prescribed recruitment policy in interviewing and hiring of all personnel. Handles new employee orientation, performance reviews, review and approval of timesheets, instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines. Ensures that all applicable employee paperwork is received by the Human Resource Department in a timely manner.
* Conducts on-going training with staff, i.e., Fair Housing, leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed on a daily basis.
* Maintains confidentiality of all employee information. (All personnel files are maintained by the Human Resource Department.)
* Ensures that lease files are complete and all leases are executed properly.
* Responsible for creating weekly staff schedule, opening on schedule, condition of office and model apartments.
* Maintains office supply inventory and re-orders supplies as needed.
* Attends scheduled corporate or regional management meetings.
* Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits reports to corporate office as required and reviews accuracy of all on-site reports prior to submission to corporate.
* Maintains positive customer service attitude and communicates with all residents and handles resident complaints or issues as they arise.
* Makes inspections with residents on move-in/move-outs.
* Reviews all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
* Physically walks and inspects property on a regular basis.
* Performs weekly inspection of vacant apartments and sends verification to Regional Manager.
* Performs a night audit on the property on a quarterly basis.
* Updates Service Manager on vacancy status on a daily basis. Coordinates with service staff to ensure timely recondition of apartments after move-out.
* Monitors and schedules all service activities and work orders.
* Conducts market surveys monthly and provides trend report information.
* Shops competition and is aware of neighborhood market conditions.
* Welcomes and shows property to prospective new residents. Also, handles incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and completes appropriate paperwork.
* Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
* Reviews all rental applications and signs approval or rejections of prospects.
* Valid Drivers License
* 2+ years previous property management experience
Leasing (Contract Law)