To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Software Engineer
IGT • Reno, NV
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. With operations in more than 100 countries and a team of over 12,000 employees, we deliver world-class gaming and lottery technology.
International Game Technology, the World’s leading End-to-End Gaming Company is seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, and hard-working Senior Software Engineer. Become a part of Premium Studio located in lovely Reno, Nevada, where our dedicated team delivers innovative games to players around the world.
This is an opportunity to work with a studio that creates high-performing and well-known video casino games. As a Senior Software Engineer you will combine technical expertise and creativity to bring the vision of mathematicians, artists, and sound designers to market. Further, you will help drive the technical direction of the studio - by designing, implementing, and testing innovative tools & techniques to improve product quality and reduce time-to-market.
Candidates must have a passion for continuous improvement, mentoring, software quality, and effective communication.
A new engineer will work under the mentorship of a senior engineer. Your mentor will help you rapidly learn the development platform and best practices.
Over the course of the first year, you should be able to:
• Contribute to a game within weeks of arrival
• Rapidly develop an understanding of the platform, best practices and processes used to develop slot games
• Lead and participate in code and design reviews
• Build professional relationships with peers through immersion in the studio environment
• Develop a game of your own and take it through the entire development cycle
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Five plus years of professional experience in software engineering with C#/C++
• Unity3D experience or equivalent
• Familiarity with scripting languages
• Self-motivated and team-orientated with a passion for developing high-quality games
• Excellent organizational skills, good oral and written communication skills, and a high level of interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in cross functional teams in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrates strong collaboration skills, working side-by-side with other disciplines involved in the game development process
• Able to obtain a gaming license.
• Gaming industry, especially slot gaming industry, experience a plus.
• Network programming experience
• Experience with writing shaders, special effects, particle systems, cameras, and lighting using Unity or similar game engines
Keys to Success
• Building collaborative relationships
• Decision making
• Drive results
• Foster innovation
• Personal energy
In addition to a competive benefits package, we offer generous time-off plans, a 401(k) Savings Plan with Company contributions, tuition reimbursement, on-site fitness center and cafeteria, and free identity theft insurance to name a few.
IGT is committed to sustaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of the global customers and communities we serve, and to creating a fair and inclusive culture that enables all our employees to feel valued, respected and engaged. IGT is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship, covered veteran status, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable local, state, federal laws or other laws. We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected to interview will be contacted.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. For more information, please visit www.igt.com.